The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Booing at your own team over a draw against ManCity..come on now..

(or perhaps the boos were directed towards City?).
just heard the interview by wenger before the match and his words, "we have the money to sign anyone"...well atleast by one world-class player and i'll be happy :rolleyes:
Reply 722
Are you ****ing kidding me?!?!?

Mark Bright the smug **** praising city for parking the bus?!?!?

This **** is the ultimate WUM.
Reply 723
Original post by Jeppasloth
Wah wah City had a game plan and executed it to perfection wah wah :cry:

Pretty much tbfh..

After all the current rubbish going on at Chelsea, they are still just 5 points behind us and we are 4 points of the lead and those bastards have a game in hand..

We should have scored early, we have no one but ourselves to blame..
Original post by UnWise

i think they were...they were chanting BORING BORING CITY by the end of it :rolleyes:
Original post by UnWise

they just parked the bus and played for a draw..stuck 150000 men behind the ball
Original post by UnWise

Booing City, can't remember the last time a team has been that negative. Lack of ambition and I think Mancini would be happy with 4th by the looks of things.
Reply 727
If Arsenal want to be the best they have to break down these tight defences.Teams deliberately approach games against Arsenal like this because they know it is what will get them a point at the very least.
Parking the bus is a legitimate form of tactics but don't City have a shed load of strikers and attack playing options within their squad?...didn't they spend millions and millions beefing up their forward play, well, players in all positions...

and you don't win league titles approaching games in this fashion. You have to gamble and take some risks in games. Mancini is simply too conservative a manager to do this, as he's shown pretty much throughout the season.
Out of interest do any Arsenal fans think if we had opened up we would've stood a better chance of winning than losing?
Reply 730
Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc
they just parked the bus and played for a draw..stuck 150000 men behind the ball

lol I see. I saw Fabregas and Mancini discussing "things" at FT. :tongue:
Who else thinks that Sagna exploded as a result of being hacked for two games in a row now? Bowyer, a handful of other B'ham thugs, there were a few niggly tackles today, including studs to the front of the ankle. Just occured to me that he must have been getting extremely frustrated with seemingly being targeted, coincidental or not, and that might've contributed to his overreaction.
Reply 732
Original post by MoMatrix
If Arsenal want to be the best they have to break down these tight defences.Teams deliberately approach games against Arsenal like this because they know it is what will get them a point at the very least.

It won't my friend, we hit the post three times, we should have had a clear-cut penalty and Hart was on fire..

Just watch MOTD tonight, everything but the goals, luck just wasn't on our side..
Out of interest do any Arsenal fans think if we had opened up we would've stood a better chance of winning than losing?

You would have won tbh..exposing clichy's frailties with AJohnson..which is why we were tetchy about the game

Original post by UnWise

both teams had a man sent off..dont know why zabaleta was but sagna yes..stupid stupid boy
Reply 734
A good peformance, Cesc, Nasri and van Persie all looked really sharp and creative. Its good to see van Persie proving to be a real threat once more. We were denied by a few centimetres of post, and some good goalkeeping/defending. Overall the team has looked excellent since Wenger has settled on this line-up.

Excellent debut by Song's uncle Rigobert.

Man City achieved what they set out to, fair enough, and they will likely achieve the same against Man Utd.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 735
City's mentality:

- We attack Arsenal, we shall definitely lose
- We defend like our lives are on the line, we might get a point if we are lucky

You call them title contenders? :facepalm2:
Reply 736
Original post by UnWise

Original post by UnWise

"That was not Leicester City football"
Reply 737
Original post by In2deep
It won't my friend, we hit the post three times, we should have had a clear-cut penalty and Hart was on fire..

Just watch MOTD tonight, everything but the goals, luck just wasn't on our side..

I believe teams park the bus against Arsenal because it usually works,I haven't seen anything that suggests otherwise.

I think that indeed if you had opened up a bit, you would have had a good chance of scoring. I don't really trust our defence.

The few times you did get forward, a few chances were made.

But saying you would have had a better chance of winning than losing is essentially saying would you have stood a better chance of winning over our chance of winning.

That we will never know, but judging by the first few minutes of football, if you had been more open we would have scored a number of goals.

but again all hypothetical, you might have ripped us to shreds, we'll never know.
Reply 739
Original post by MoMatrix
I believe teams park the bus against Arsenal because it usually works,I haven't seen anything that suggests otherwise.

Great logic then :congrats:

Can you explain why Arsenal have won the most games in the PL so far this season? Why didn't all those teams just park the bus?

fyi, every single team we have played against in the last 3 seasons at least, excluding Barca and maybe one or two others, have parked the bus..

Latest