The Student Room Group

GAMSAT 2016 (2017 entry)

Scroll to see replies

~8 weeks from the exam date is a good estimate, from past experience. You cannot really predict the day precisely, just the week at best.
Original post by neuromeg
Everyone keeps asking me if I've found out yet! Urghhh. Will we start getting offers for interviews as soon as the results come out or will it still be a little while??
It will be a little while typically; some unis are faster than others, but it will still take at least 1 week or so at earliest.
so it's likely that D-day will fall sometime next week?? Someone put me put of my misery already!! :frown:
Reply 723
Original post by blondyn
so it's likely that D-day will fall sometime next week?? Someone put me put of my misery already!! :frown:

We will know when we know! Don't worry about it, your fate was sealed the second you put your pencil down. Either way its an enormous achievement to do the GAMSAT, be proud that you even attempted it and best of luck!
I just got a rejection from St Georges saying I didn't get 50s in each section. Results must be soon then.
Noooooo! :frown: I'm so sorry to hear that. This wait is just terrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, don't lose your hopes with St George's just yet.

You guys scared me but when I looked at last years thread, some people were rejected by accident due to a technical fault.

Just wait for your GAMSAT results.

I am praying for you all :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 10LFC10
Was this the first time you sat it? I did last year and got 48 in section 1. Just had that same notification and can't help but pray it's been a mistake but probably not :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sat it for the first time this September, really hoping it's a mistake.

Original post by Tsar101
Guys, don't lose your hopes with St George's just yet.

You guys scared me but when I looked at last years thread, some people were rejected by accident due to a technical fault.

Just wait for your GAMSAT results.

I am praying for you all :smile:

Really hope you're right! It's more the GAMSAT grade that's upset me I worked so bloody hard for it ! Good luck everyone !
It must be a mistake, it would be very poor on their behalf to reveal information about your score before you have even recieved it yourself from Acer. Ive been refreshing my emails non stop since the first post but i haven't recieved one from them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Themightylaa
It must be a mistake, it would be very poor on their behalf to reveal information about your score before you have even recieved it yourself from Acer. Ive been refreshing my emails non stop since the first post but i haven't recieved one from them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I was thinking, it was sent at 6pm as well!! Such a shock to receive that but I'll call them in the morning. I hope we get the GAMSAT results really soon to put us out of our misery!
Try logging into your UCAS track to see if St Georges has changed from 'considering your application'. If its not, it may just be a mistaken email. The fact it was sent at 6pm suggests its automated and thus a big cock up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's still on my track so a little bit of hope is still there! It's so mean either way I'll be devastated. I thought it would've been from Warwick because my UKCAT was below par which would've been fine but the fact I haven't even had the results yet for the GAMSAT is mean :'(
Original post by Themightylaa
Try logging into your UCAS track to see if St Georges has changed from 'considering your application'. If its not, it may just be a mistaken email. The fact it was sent at 6pm suggests its automated and thus a big cock up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wait I knew about all this because Track emailed me not the uni, oh dear.. On Track it's 'Unsuccessful' :'(
Original post by 10LFC10
all i know is last year people were accidently rejected......lets pray haha

I really hope so, I'll be at the end of my bed every night for this result!! haha
I think results will be out tomorrow...just a feeling.
Original post by NafNaf39
I think results will be out tomorrow...just a feeling.

Same thoughts here.....

According to last year's thread, results were published on the 12th of November. So it is a very likely prospect...[gulp]
Original post by Tsar101
Same thoughts here.....

According to last year's thread, results were published on the 12th of November. So it is a very likely prospect...[gulp]

Yup very close now...just scary to know that unis have our results :s-smilie:

Good Luck to everyone x
Original post by 10LFC10
If it isn't overnight tonight then it's beyond harsh from St Georges :tongue: it seems my year is over but I really do wish everyone massive amounts of good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry to hear that :frown: Did you apply to all GAMSAT unis?

And whatever the outcome, please don't give up.
I know from first-hand experience how daunting rejections can be, but DO NOT let that put you off from your goal/dreams. Persevere and stay determined. Better your application to such a standard that the unis will have no option but to give you interviews!

:redface:

X
Yeah, the exact same thing has happened to me. Track emailed me and it says that for SGUL my application has been unsuccessful. Although I don't have any email saying that my sections are below 50 or anything...hmmm just frustrating as 3/4 of my choices were GAMSAT and I feel like it's all over now :frown:
This is brutal if not a mistake. At least let people find out their results first!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending