A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016 Watch

Julieplec
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lillah)
Did anyone do Goldstein for the "evaluate the research method not the study itself" question? I think it was a 5 marker but I left it till last because my mind went blank and I couldn't figure out what research method was used, what did you guys put?
I did
I evaluated longitudinal:
qual and quan data
allows developmental progress to be tracked
likely to be a high drop out rate, leading to a biased sample
uses a variety of research methods so triangulation carried out
high ecological validity as real study of real people over a prolonged period of time

gave examples from goldsteins research - interviews etc
Areefa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sallaaaayy)
omg no i thought it was about the soldiers?! are you sure?

I talked about Social identity theory, agency theory, and cue dependant forgetting talking about context cues so the soldiers can recall information better

how about you?
It was about the soldiers and what they should be taught, like agency theory and stuff
Lillah
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Julieplec)
I did
I evaluated longitudinal:
qual and quan data
allows developmental progress to be tracked
likely to be a high drop out rate, leading to a biased sample
uses a variety of research methods so triangulation carried out
high ecological validity as real study of real people over a prolonged period of time

gave examples from goldsteins research - interviews etc
Phew, I wrote about a longitudinal too. Pretty much the same points as you but it was really messy as I quickly did it after the 18 marker ^^
Lillah
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lauraEdexcel)
has anyone else do EWT for unit 3 ( criminal ) as a contribution?
I did I wrote about how research evidence from Loftus and Palmer suggests that an eye witnesses account of an incident can be affected by how a question is phrased - and then talked about how this information can help us improve interviewing techniques to avoid misinformation

I think I added someone about Pickel as well at the end - weapon focus and how it can lead to loss of information
Bubbles66
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sallaaaayy)
omg no i thought it was about the soldiers?! are you sure?

I talked about Social identity theory, agency theory, and cue dependant forgetting talking about context cues so the soldiers can recall information better

how about you?
oh sugar, im not definitely sure but i thought that it was about psychological theories that could help the officers job :/ tbh those theories still apply so its fine! i did agency theory and social learning theory, im worried that SLT isn't right
Sallaaaayy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bubbles66)
oh sugar, im not definitely sure but i thought that it was about psychological theories that could help the officers job :/ tbh those theories still apply so its fine! i did agency theory and social learning theory, im worried that SLT isn't right
slt is fine i was going to talk about that but ran out of time !

i hope i still get the marks i applied all the theory and evaluation ok, praying i get a nice examiner x
Anon113
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Did anyone describe Cook and Mineka for the procedure question and the evaluate the main research method as for lab studies??
Mollyql_27
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Did anyone do Goldstein for the "evaluate the research method not the study itself" question? I think it was a 5 marker but I left it till last because my mind went blank and I couldn't figure out what research method was used, what did you guys put?
I did interviews as she used experienced interviewers to see how people are affected by SZ

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jgermaney97
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Deffo got 100% on both papers add this to my 100% last year I will have 400 UMS

(Original post by Julieplec)
I agree, the paper was a nice paper. I think I've got around 70, so hopefully an a A*. I'm shocked at how many people found it difficult to be honest, the clinical section was straight forward and if you knew psychology as a science (empirical, quantitative, reductionist, reliable, objective etc) and daycare as a contribution you were fine in the issues and debates section.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Georgia_h_k
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Did anyone do Harlow as their procedure question?
helloitsme99
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How many marks will you lose for evaluating wrong method?I did interviews for gottesman and schields
Tylamartin
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For the useful contributions of unit 3, I wrote about how hospital policies have changed due to bowlbys attachment theory so mothers can stay with children during periods of hospitalisation vice versa to avoid deprivation, is that alright????
Sallaaaayy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Areefa)
It was about the soldiers and what they should be taught, like agency theory and stuff
I mentioned soldiers and how they should learn to be good soldiers and effective at their roles (using psychological theory obviously)

was that the right way of doing so?
keyadeb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Laboratory experiment
Sallaaaayy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by helloitsme99)
How many marks will you lose for evaluating wrong method?I did interviews for gottesman and schields
I think that question was a 5 marker
Julieplec
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jgermaney97)
Deffo got 100% on both papers add this to my 100% last year I will have 400 UMS
Nice, I only got a B last year but resat unit 2 and I think I've got an A* in unit 3+4 - hard work pays off!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Julieplec
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by keyadeb)
Laboratory experiment
I think the answer was either longitudinal study or interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile
harrietaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone else think the content analysis question was SO hard?! I panicked and wrote about Chi squared?! arghh because of time limits I found that really awful
harrietaa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Also anyone got a link to an unofficial mark scheme?!
FritoJane
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by keyadeb)
Laboratory experiment
Goldstein's main research method was the interview.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (76)
17.31%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (281)
64.01%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.78%
Not yet but I might (61)
13.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise