Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    You could say a lot of things with can or will. Fact is I don't think Bellerin has been tested at all yet ( bit like Ospina) so I reserve judgement from him for now. Defensively I haven't seen anything to suggest he can be the best in a few years. At this rate Chambers is more likely to be the better defender and yet he's still miles off it.
    He won't be the better right back though, his pace is not as good as Bellerin's. This in turn negatively affects his recovery ability (in contrast to Bellerin) and he gets burnt in one on ones. Also, from what I have seen, Bellerin's transitional play and crossing is quite far ahead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    He won't be the better right back though, his pace is not as good as Bellerin's. This in turn negatively affects his recovery ability (in contrast to Bellerin) and he gets burnt in one on ones. Also, from what I have seen, Bellerin's transitional play and crossing is quite far ahead.

Yeah but Chambers is on path to become a CB, which is why I specifically said defender haha. Chambers's positioning is generally better. Only reason he doesn't look as polished as say Bellerin does right now is because we've used and abused him (starting him every single game up until Debuchy's return) where our whole defence has been shredded and he's been made to look bad. Need to remember the few shockers Bellerin has also had, didn't he get subbed off pretty early vs Stoke?

Still calling it now. Chambers will be the better player in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Yeah but Chambers is on path to become a CB, which is why I specifically said defender haha. Chambers's positioning is generally better. Only reason he doesn't look as polished as say Bellerin does right now is because we've used and abused him (starting him every single game up until Debuchy's return) where our whole defence has been shredded and he's been made to look bad. Need to remember the few shockers Bellerin has also had, didn't he get subbed off pretty early vs Stoke?

Still calling it now. Chambers will be the better player in the future.
    Tbh I'm still hoping that Corporal Jenkinson will outgrow him and rise to become the banter king right back.
    Have a bad feeling about this Bellerin kid, reminds me a bit too much of Cesc and Nasri, like a Cesc and Nasri hybrid look about him. But there is no doubt that he has world class potential since he is already playing games to a high level at 19. Zabaleta for example, at 19, was playing out in the sticks for San Lorenzo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Tbh I'm still hoping that Corporal Jenkinson will outgrow him and rise to become the banter king right back.
    Have a bad feeling about this Bellerin kid, reminds me a bit too much of Cesc and Nasri, like a Cesc and Nasri hybrid look about him. But there is no doubt that he has world class potential since he is already playing games to a high level at 19. Zabaleta for example, at 19, was playing out in the sticks for San Lorenzo.

Yeah Bellerin very much looks like the Cesc type.

Can't compare him to Nasri, at least he was ice cold and straight to the point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Yeah Bellerin very much looks like the Cesc type.

Can't compare him to Nasri, at least he was ice cold and straight to the point

Just the face mate, he has that look of being an absolute **** when the time comes. E.g. Cashley, E.g. Nasri. You can spot these lads a mile off.

ReputationRep:
    Who the **** could have predicted that?

Wenger clearly put something in Ozil's Weetabix this morning - unreal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I'd second this.
    I've already consulted the rest of the mod team for this section dw.

ReputationRep:
    did not realise that southampton have to go away to city on the last day of the season..

That could be a brutal end to things, if its still close between 3rd-6th by then

ReputationRep:
    Wenger + Ozil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    did not realise that southampton have to go away to city on the last day of the season..

That could be a brutal end to things, if its still close between 3rd-6th by then

Watching the Swansea game right now. Much bigger game then people realise.

ReputationRep:
    And one last one that I love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I've already consulted the rest of the mod team for this section dw.
    I like the match day threads, I feel like more neutrals can get involved, whereas the society's only really seem to be for that club's fans.

ReputationRep:
    We've still got Liverpool/Chelsea/UTD/Swansea and Everton to play. I would say that our fixture list is set up nicely but that doesn't mean it'll be easy points at all

Newcastle and Palace could be very tricky too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    I like the match day threads, I feel like more neutrals can get involved, whereas the society's only really seem to be for that club's fans.
    Is your avatar a white blank space or is my iPad just messed up?

Well yes, but when it's too constant it just gets annoying. The discussion is ongoing anyway Tornando, hopefully it's something that's best for everyone.

(Original post by AR_95)
    We've still got Liverpool/Chelsea/UTD/Swansea and Everton to play. I would say that our fixture list is set up nicely but that doesn't mean it'll be easy points at all

Newcastle and Palace could be very tricky too.

All of those fixtures bar Newcastle, United and Palace are at home which is always a plus.

ReputationRep:

Well yes, but when it's too constant it just gets annoying. The discussion is ongoing anyway Tornando, hopefully it's something that's best for everyone.

All of those fixtures bar Newcastle, United and Palace are at home which is always a plus.
    Thought Swansea was away? Swansea are like our bogey club really, just not as apparent as say Stoke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Watching the Swansea game right now. Much bigger game then people realise.
    I have it on in the background whilst working..

Southampton fans should be pissed if they dont win this - they were all over the swans in the first half, and should have easily been 2-3 up if not for some great defending, and some terrible attacking in the final third.

Great for arsenal if they draw though

ReputationRep:

#ForeverWhite #Yorkshire

The problem is people only care about their own club & not football as a whole. Capital One Cup 1st Leg between Spurs & Shef Utd got 14 replies...A semi final

:emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    I have it on in the background whilst working..

Southampton fans should be pissed if they dont win this - they were all over the swans in the first half, and should have easily been 2-3 up if not for some great defending, and some terrible attacking in the final third.

Great for arsenal if they draw though
    Really Wish shelvey and had scored that though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Thought Swansea was away? Swansea are like our bogey club really, just not as apparent as say Stoke.
    No it's at home, they beat us at the liberty remember?
    It was a rainy day that day, remember it well.

(Original post by TornadoGR4)
    #ForeverWhite #Yorkshire

The problem is people only care about their own club & not football as a whole. Capital One Cup 1st Leg between Spurs & Shef Utd got 14 replies...A semi final

:emo:
    Racist! :fuhrer:
    I'm joking of course hehe.

Yeah but you have to understand that there isnt that many Spurs fans on here and I haven't seen a single Sheffield United fan on here either. Match thread creation and popularity is all dependant on who's playing hun

ReputationRep:
    SWANSEA!!!! Get in

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.