The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Vulgar people have desecrated the initial meanings of several words

"retard" included. You can't say anything can you.

Well I won't be complying to that saccharine silliness. If I call someone a faggot I better be ready to deal with the repercussions, yes, but if I say the word or anyone says the word not even meaning what it now seems to mean (gay) then people are all :gasp: for no reason.
Reply 61

I most certainly am.
Reply 62
Original post by Marcum
I most certainly am.

why? do you want me to heal you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by Ana81
why? do you want me to heal you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bcoz I'm fabulous?! I think it has something to do with me finding female anatomy revolting and male anatomy pleasing...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by phish food
Do you consider faggot/fag to be a swear word (when used in the context of "you're a fag")?

No, but it is slang and would probably be seen as offensive.
It's an offensive slur, much like ******* or retard, but it's not a swear word - just grossly offensive and, in the way used in your example, homophobic.
Reply 67
Original post by Marcum
Bcoz I'm fabulous?! I think it has something to do with me finding female anatomy revolting and male anatomy pleasing...

Posted from TSR Mobile

to be fair I dont look down at the femal vagina looks like a bunch of ham slices moulded together. Though I have never found a man attractive n struggle to see how women even find men attractive. if I was a woman I'd defo be a lez. though being gay doesn't make you fabulous thats why me n gays dont get on they all think they arent even human they think they are sex machines and straight people are weird and not with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Motorbiker
I'd say it's not a swear word but it's incredibly offensive 99% of the time it's used.

:giggle: But I thought you didn't ride a Harley..
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
It's an offensive slur, much like ******* or retard, but it's not a swear word - just grossly offensive and, in the way used in your example, homophobic.

Whoah, you shouldn't call gay people fags. That's not cool man.
Reply 70
Original post by Ana81
to be fair I dont look down at the femal vagina looks like a bunch of ham slices moulded together. Though I have never found a man attractive n struggle to see how women even find men attractive. if I was a woman I'd defo be a lez. though being gay doesn't make you fabulous thats why me n gays dont get on they all think they arent even human they think they are sex machines and straight people are weird and not with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did only say the fabulous part to annoy you... I don't act like I am and I don't think I give off vibes I do either since most people I meet assume I'm straight which is somewhat annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Something doesn't have to be a swear word to be obscenely offensive.

Faggot isn't a swear word.

Calling someone a faggot because they're gay is more offensive than saying 'F*** YOU'
No it isn't a swear word, but it is quite rude as far as I am concerned.
It is not a swear word, but it is quite rude as far as I am concerned.
No I don't think it is, but it's rude. And I've got a PC friend who would be outraged
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi, please don't bump really old threads - start a new conversation instead :smile:

Latest