The Student Room Group

Can i swear in my French A-level speaking exam

i'm doing my IRP on the influence of music in the francophone world. I wanted to talk about one of Stromae's songs and how it discusses modern day problems. It's called Batard tu-es can i say that in an exam because obviously its a swear word????
Original post by abifoley
i'm doing my IRP on the influence of music in the francophone world. I wanted to talk about one of Stromae's songs and how it discusses modern day problems. It's called Batard tu-es can i say that in an exam because obviously its a swear word????

considering i spoke german in mine i feel like you'll be fine😂
it's not like you're saying anything mean to examiner - but i guess it doesnt hurt to check with your teacher

also stromae is a slay what a good topic
It would be worth checking with your teacher beforehand as that would be a more definitive answer. Depending on the context it may be okay. In my university exam I wrote a few swear words and informal words in my linguistics exam as I was analysing the etymology and the informal French used by modern day teens in France.
Reply 3
Original post by SirNoodles
It would be worth checking with your teacher beforehand as that would be a more definitive answer. Depending on the context it may be okay. In my university exam I wrote a few swear words and informal words in my linguistics exam as I was analysing the etymology and the informal French used by modern day teens in France.

I’m deffo gonna ask my teacher but hopefully it’ll be fine because it’s not like I’m swearing at her- even though sometimes I desperately want to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending