The Student Room Group

My dad is quick to anger

Ever since I was a kid, my dad has been quick to anger. He would never hit me, but his words hurt. He also throws and slams things when he's angry. It scares me.

Just today, as we were fighting, (I was in the wrong.) He called me a disappointment, a sh#tbag, and said I was on the path to failure. Is this normal? Should he be talking to me like this?

I'm just wondering if anyone else's parents have done this. And if it's normal.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Ever since I was a kid, my dad has been quick to anger. He would never hit me, but his words hurt. He also throws and slams things when he's angry. It scares me.

Just today, as we were fighting, (I was in the wrong.) He called me a disappointment, a sh#tbag, and said I was on the path to failure. Is this normal? Should he be talking to me like this?

Just means he’s short tempered then you have people with short temper and those who can keep their cool
Reply 2
From my perspective it’s not good parenting. Although families are not perfect. Hopefully he has some redeeming features
Original post by Anonymous #1

I was thinking of posting something similar to this
My dad is also rude and has a short temper
If I try to explain to him how I don’t like it he shouts even more
The worst part for me is that I feel like I’m becoming like him, I have been noticing I get angry at the littlest things and then I feel bad afterwards
I just don’t want to end up like him because it’s no fun to be around and I feel bad afterwards
It feels like we have to be really like careful around what we say to him cuz he easily gets mad and then swears and stuff
But yeah my dad does it and I feel like I do it too but I don’t know how I’m meant to control my anger

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending