The Student Room Group

Predicted Edexcel Maths Grade Boundaries 2016

Scroll to see replies

I got 75 on paper 1 and 85 on paper 2, so 160 overall. What grade would this be?!?!??
Original post by mariyahx
could you tell me if im able to get an A* with getting atleast 67-78 marks in non and 69-82 marks in calc, thanks!

Last year 155 was an A* but the grade boundaries were lower because the papers were quite hard. Normally an A* is around 165, but this depends on how hard everyone found the paper.

Best of luck!:h:
Original post by Michelle15
I got 75 on paper 1 and 85 on paper 2, so 160 overall. What grade would this be?!?!??

That will most likely be a very high A. Well done!:smile:
Original post by Joshslater1998
What do u think 80 is

An 80 overall would be a C.
Original post by niichola.
My teacher was an examiner for quite a few years and I asked him whether he thinks the grade boundaries will increase a lot. He said, since it is the last year for this specification, they might move it up a little, but not too much as they don't want people complaining about it like last year, So probably it might move up to like 160 or something because 2014 was 155 for an A*

I thought 2015 it was 155 for an A*?
Original post by She935
I got around 72 marks on paper 1 and 69 on paper 2. What grade do you think I'm going to get (most likely) ?... I am actually worried.

It is most likely to be an A. Well done!:smile:
Original post by afghan-superman
i got 75 on paper 2 and 45 on paper 1. You guys think its a b?

yes defo solid b
Original post by afghan-superman
i got 75 on paper 2 and 45 on paper 1. You guys think its a b?

yes defo solid b
worst case scenario: 75/100 and 78/100 (153/200)
best case scenario: 88/100 and 86/100 (174/200)
there's a huge difference because on the best case i included possible method marks and worst case i only awarded marks for the answer... ahh i pray to god i get an A* i worked so hard :frown:
Original post by sunshine774
I thought 2015 it was 155 for an A*?

Yeah sorry my mistake
so does anyone think grade boundaries are going up i think i got 157 overall

PAPER 1 (non calc); 70
PAPER 2 (calc) : 87
Original post by Marshall Taylor
I have let my teachers down a bit there... 😭

We agree, you've let your teachers down, your family down but perhaps more crucial in this matter- you've let yourself down.
Original post by Marshall Taylor
I got 68 on paper one and 81 on paper two, what grade will I most likely get? (Predicted an A*)

That will definitely be an A
according to the unofficial markscheme, i got 63 on the non-calculator and 78 on the calculator. i really need an A. do you reckon it is an A?
If i marked myself really harshly I got 75-80 on paper 1 and on paper 2 92-95.
But everyone including me has made many silly mistakes i guarantee, it was an easy paper that is why it was hard.
For paper 2 i lost 4 marks for putting 5-2 as 2 i mean WTF.
Btw what do you think my grade will be A or A*?
Original post by NikhilStephen123
If i marked myself really harshly I got 75-80 on paper 1 and on paper 2 92-95.
But everyone including me has made many silly mistakes i guarantee, it was an easy paper that is why it was hard.
For paper 2 i lost 4 marks for putting 5-2 as 2 i mean WTF.
Btw what do you think my grade will be A or A*?

A*
According to the unofficial mark scheme I think I got around 59-61 for paper 1 and 71-73 for paper 2. Do you think this will be enough for an A?
Reply 77
Original post by LouisBennett4
According to the unofficial mark scheme I think I got around 59-61 for paper 1 and 71-73 for paper 2. Do you think this will be enough for an A?

Hopefully, I got Best case scenario of 64 in non c and 70 in calculator. This is 134 in total, Please let this be an A
Original post by Debruyne
A*

I bet you now i will be like so close to an a*, grade boundaries can be up to 170
Original post by AGrey'sFan
according to the unofficial markscheme, i got 63 on the non-calculator and 78 on the calculator. i really need an A. do you reckon it is an A?

Defo an A. You can guarantee an a if you got 140

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending