The Student Room Group

The world's top jobs - in the hands of women!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fullofsurprises
So go Hillary, go! :woo:

Let's make this the global year of women taking power! :party2:

you'd really want a confirmed criminal being the president? is that really how far you're prepared to stand for mere symbolism?
"
If Hillary Clinton wins the American presidential election in November, there will be women in charge of five of the leading countries and organisations in the world - the US, the UK, Germany, the IMF and the US Federal Reserve. "
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-36778960

Who'd have thought? :clap2:

This seems like great news (I am willing to overlook for the sake of this discussion that Theresa May is a Tory) and I wonder if we will now get even more women leaders coming through in countries that remain (in practise, if not in rhetoric) fiercely hostile to feminism such as Russia and China.

Do you think that Hilary and Theresa will be more effective at concluding a trade deal that gives proper protection for private investors from the risk of governments introducing environmental legislation or pollution levies, banning products on safety grounds etc that could harm their profits?

Obama, Cameron and the male leaders of Europe could never get this agreed in TTIP but do you have more confidence in women to actually get the job done? Theresa has shown she is quick to act by scrapping the Department for Climate Change in her second day.
Gender is more important than ability because reasons!!! I don't care if they're crap at their job, badly qualified or socially detrimental they are women and so = gud.

This is a stupid point. Their gender is irrelevant, they should be in positioned based on their efficacy. I'm waiting to see how May does, her track record is distinctly mixed but Clinton is a manipulative liar and anyone voting for her is likely being mislead as I doubt she even knows what the truth actually is. As for 'gender is important', no it isn't. They're either good at what they do or they're not.
"
If Hillary Clinton wins the American presidential election in November, there will be women in charge of five of the leading countries and organisations in the world - the US, the UK, Germany, the IMF and the US Federal Reserve. "
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-36778960

Who'd have thought? :clap2:

This seems like great news (I am willing to overlook for the sake of this discussion that Theresa May is a Tory) and I wonder if we will now get even more women leaders coming through in countries that remain (in practise, if not in rhetoric) fiercely hostile to feminism such as Russia and China.

The history books will say the year when women took power is the same year that saw the beginning of the end of the world

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Do you think that Hilary and Theresa will be more effective at concluding a trade deal that gives proper protection for private investors from the risk of governments introducing environmental legislation or pollution levies, banning products on safety grounds etc that could harm their profits?

Obama, Cameron and the male leaders of Europe could never get this agreed in TTIP but do you have more confidence in women to actually get the job done? Theresa has shown she is quick to act by scrapping the Department for Climate Change in her second day.

The DCC thing may be a red herring - they claim that the climate change agenda still has full weight in the new department - time will tell if they actually mean it.

I certainly haven't forgotten that Theresa's a Tory and Hill's a neoliberal, if that's what you're pointing out. :smile:
Original post by JordanL_
Instead of celebrating **** leaders like Clinton and May because they're women, we should be celebrating brilliant leaders like Merkel who just happen to be women.

Merkel is far from a brilliant leader
Wanting a woman in power purely because she is a woman is political correctness at its finest

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending