The Student Room Group

To All Religious People

Scroll to see replies

In my eyes bringing up your child religious is child abuse.
Sure teaching him about religions and sharing what you belive in and also telling them about atheism is fine and taking them to church if they want is ok. But telling them there is a hell and if you do not belive in X you will burn and god is the only one is close to abuse.
Original post by rashford ricardo
HALLO! I AM HERE
I have read all your questions about religion. I can answer all your wishes, but we have to start somewhere on a foundation. You cannot begin to lift up a LB20 load while on a bicycle. you have to be on firm ground before ever trying.
Our firm ground is the KJV Bible. Out of over 40 Editions of Bibles, only about 4 are true, nearly like original.
you see, the bibles are personal log sheets written over a period of time. the documentations were written on Scrolles. It was the thoughts of our God which are 3 in one. Two places can be proved in the kjv, 1. on the first page....and the Spirit hovered over the waters, while Jesus in His original form made the land, trees, etc. When he finished He spoke to the Father and said, now let us make Man in our Image. 2. second instance, in the New testament when John the Baptist, his cousin ,Mathew 3:16,17. baptized jesus, the spirit as a dove on his head and a voice of Jehovah in Heaven, 'Beloved Son'.
The Prophets in those times were good holy men. God inspired them and they wrote in their only way of transcribing their visions on paper. about 100 years after Jesus was crusified, The Roman church shut down jerusalem as being head State of the church, collected all the scrolls from all the various churches, in which there were about 150, (150 Prophets), selected 66, bound them together and destroyed the rest, this is why many people find the bible do not make sense.
Then in 1445, a German Monk(forgot his name), said what the Catholic was teaching was wrong, and was lucky he was not killed. Then King james had it translated from German to English and the first copy printed in Scotland.
Satan tried to change the words ever since and you will find not all bibles are the sam. some has paragraphs left out. some is written to give a different meaning to the statement.. The most notable is the roman catholic bible and te Jehovah witness bible. they want to take God out from the equation. they want to demote him, and elect mary that she has power over Jesus. The do not ask jesus for His blessing, they ask 'holy mary' to pray for them. mary his mother had another 4 boys and one daughter.
Myself and 2 other men spoke to 2 Angels in Grenada in 2005. I was like you, did not believe in God, but from that time to now I have 40 Miracles. this is a Believe or not time in our life.
Go to UTube and view the video, WALTER VEITH 901. I got to stop as I do not wish to write a book here. the angels were a black slim man about 40 and the other a black boy about 12 years old. ricardo

It appears you've went on a tangent with the assumption that what's written in any of the bibles is true whether an original text or not.
faith in a god who told things

vs

two people
Original post by XOR_
would you still have faith in it's existence?

Lastly, do you think it's right to make kids have faith in something which in terms of likelihood of existing is equal to that of a unicorn?

its *
Original post by AperfectBalance
In my eyes bringing up your child religious is child abuse.
Sure teaching him about religions and sharing what you belive in and also telling them about atheism is fine and taking them to church if they want is ok. But telling them there is a hell and if you do not belive in X you will burn and god is the only one is close to abuse.

I agree with this. The sort of indoctrination highlighted is abuse, and can cause long-time mental implications.
Original post by XOR_
To you, does faith overrule logic?
By that I mean, if I could logically prove the likelihood of a god existing is equal to that of a unicorn would you still have faith in its existence?

Lastly, do you think it's right to make kids have faith in something which in terms of likelihood of existing is equal to that of a unicorn?

Sometimes faith is logical. Otherwise a person may apply both to a situation.

No one is making a kids have faith. Logically, faith is a personal attribute in which introducing a child to religion or faith would not equate to forcing them into having it/believing it.
Original post by XOR_
So, you assert an unmoved mover outside of the dimension of time has intelligence, how can an intelligence exist outside of time?
looking at a definition for intelligence "The ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills." suggests time as a factor.

Also, the entire argument of an unmoved mover rests on the idea that the universe must have a cause outside of itself and yet you will claim the unmoved mover does not, as if it did, we then would have a seemingly endless continuation of unmoved movers.

Thats right. Granting Aristotelian metaphysics, it entails that an unmoved mover exists, it also follows, from AM, that it necessarily has intelligence (atleast with regards to speaking via negativa).

The problem is, when the unmoved mover is attributed intellect, it is the jargon in the Aristotelian and platonic sense where intellect is simply the ability for abstract thinking, specifically the ability to grasp the 'form' of something. Nothing to do with acquiring knowledge or skills, thats the modern understanding.

Also, the argument doesn't rest on the idea that the universe must have a cause. It argues that the only way to account for change is through something that doesnt change.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending