The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ok let's win this. COME ON ARSENAL!
Reply 8561
JK.
OP
I wish I could watch the game :frown:
Reply 8563
They tried their best. Can't ask for anymore.
A draw is the fair result, spurs played well in the second half. Bendtner is still crap! I don't know what wenger was thinking taking off our two fastest players (nasri and walcott) when we're clearly playing on the counter.

I don't think we've still lost a game with djourou playing. Cesc was immense, Sczenszy less so. Down to third. Oh well, can't say I'm surprised.
Wenger out. That's it.

We've said give him one more year for 3 years. No signings. No defensive ability. No mental strength. How many 2 goal leads have we let slip this season? Unacceptable, and no-one takes responsibility. Not even Arsene himself.
Reply 8566
The link up play between Fabregas and Nasri was brilliant.I think Wenger should leave but he really does deserve credit for the positive football he has developed at Arsenal which manager can do better with this current squad?
(edited 13 years ago)
[QUOTE="In2deep;30935408"]

The worst part of it all; we won't learn a singly lesson from this.

:yy:

It's going to take someone with big balls to get rid of Wenger. Lets hope they get a quality replacement, anything less could be suicidal.
Reply 8568
I really find it hard if I was an Arsenal supporter right now [I am a Liverpool fan] - Bottled it against Newcastle, Tottenham [x2], Birmingham [in Carling cup final], Barcelona, Liverpool. Time and time again you guys were in the title race and then out of it and then back in... Can't really see you guys winning the title now.

But a good match overall, and I really wanted you guys to win as a Liverpool fan, but of course you didn't. Maybe 3rd isn't a bad result - Wenger?
Taking off Nasri and Walcott cost us tonight. Why does Wenger still persist with Bendtner on the wing? He's s**t but Wenger can't seem to see that.
Get in Vila Boas from Porto. We like young players, let's bring in a young manager.
Original post by marcusmerehay
That'll be that then.

Ordinarily a draw at WHL isn't a bad result, but that's us essentially gone now.

However, with Chelsea's recent resurgence and a win against Man Utd we could still be within a point off of two games. We shall see. Need to be wary of Chelsea now, but it's still worth noting that that's 16 unbeaten for us now.

IMO, not worth noting at all. Too many draws recently and once again, there has been a complete collapse at the business end of the football season. Arsenal need to nip this problem in the bud. Wenger needs to spend big this summer, that or he goes.
Reply 8572
JK.
OP
Original post by badger-man
Grrrrr Wenger is really starting to p**s we off with his stubborness over Bendtner. He's s**t. Everyone knows it except Wenger and Bendtner himself. Why do we continually bring him on and put him on the wing? He has no pace, he has very little dribbling ability and he can't cross. Why do we persist with him on the wing? Taking off Nasri and Walcott lost us the game today. Walcott's pace and Nasri's link up with Fabregas was creating chances and with those player's on the pitch you can create something from nothing. Such a frustrating game.

They were pushing so high at that point that we were forced to go long a lot of the time, RvP wasn't winning any of the balls up top and that just invited more pressure. You can analyse how good Bendtner is generally all you like but we needed him on at the end there. Also, as much as it feels like it, we didn't lose the game and against Spurs, that's pretty damn important. Wrt Nasri off for Arshavin, I agree with that one, Nasri had looked fantastic all night and his link up with Cesc was sublime, didn't see the reason behind that (I guess Wenger was hoping he'd make the difference as he did against Barca) but Theo had tired himself out and seemed to be lacking the positional awareness that made him such a threat in the first half.
Taking off Walcott and especially Nasri - made no sense whatsoever.

I just get the feeling things have gone very stale at Arsenal and a managerial change is needed.

Question is: who to replace Wenger with?
Reply 8574
What a fantastic game is all I can say, and I don't really have any complaints. I think the main way in which Spurs managed to pressure us was with Crouch's flicks to the other striker/onrushing player from headers, and the only way I can see us countering that is with the defenders cutting out such flicks, at which I think we were decent today. The other thing, however, was physicality, our deficiency of which became very apparent towards the end with Spurs players muscling us off the ball as soon as one of our isolated attacking players got the ball. On another note, though I don't quite agree with it, I can see the logic of bringing on Bendtner and Arshavin for the final ten minutes: Bendtner to give us an additional route to goal (launch) and Arshavin to keep the pace, as well as for his well know ability to produce a game-changing moment (also, I have no idea how to judge player fitness levels, so that may also have had a bearing on the decision - and if that is the case, it would be difficult to argue against the decision). It does mean that the title race is - well, as over as it was last week, which isn't as bad as some people may make out. Once again, good game. :yep:

Btw, does anyone still want the likes of Neuer to oust Szczesny? Great performance from him, imo.
Reply 8575
Original post by white_haired_wizard
Taking off Walcott and especially Nasri - made no sense whatsoever.

I just get the feeling things have gone very stale at Arsenal and a managerial change is needed.

Question is: who to replace Wenger with?

Both looking visibly tired and Walcott faded badly in the second period.
i guess 3-3 will do us though huddlestone is still clearly lacking match practise imo. Nice to see VDV bang a couple in again, he has been quiet as of late. Why oh why didnt lennon start too?
Reply 8577
We make 2 goal lead look like a 0-0 scoreline. The old Arsenal would have won 4-1.
Reply 8578
JK.
OP
If nothing else, tonight was another prime example of why we need another DM that can adapt his game and play across the defence. You can talk about strikers/keepers all you like, but getting in a player like that would make such a massive difference for us, we could switch to a proper 4-2-3-1 rather than have Jack floating between the back and getting forward, we could slow the tempo of games more and not **** up from clear winning positions. :colonhash:
Diaby is utter dog ****e.

A little confused as to why Wilshere didn't start. Then to top it all off...Nasri comes off....for Bendtner. TA DA! We've had our chances...those are all gone now. Well done to Wenger and most of all the overrated Arsenal players.

Quite the bull Wenger...and go. Leave...now.

Latest