The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Matrix123
Cool :smile:

Sure. As it's getting closer I'm starting to get a bit nervous about this :redface: to stop it do you just mean quoting all posters and asking them to stop? Hopefully they will all get the notification and comply

That's alright, not to worry!

Yep, just make an announcement in thread for everyone to stop posting. Tags will probably be beneficial for those who are willing to comply.

As for people who may not want to comply, if they don't we'll have to take some sort of action to stop it from hitting 20k and messing the plan up :sadnod: though if we all stop posting, then anyone who doesn't want to comply will just hit the 10 post limit anyway. (Also, if dupes are used to circumvent the 10 post rule, report the dupes.)

We'll have to do a similar plan on CTAM as that is approaching as well. But after this thread, everything will be auto-managed by the auto close feature.

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by spotify95
That's alright, not to worry!

Yep, just make an announcement in thread for everyone to stop posting. Tags will probably be beneficial for those who are willing to comply.

As for people who may not want to comply, if they don't we'll have to take some sort of action to stop it from hitting 20k and messing the plan up :sadnod: though if we all stop posting, then anyone who doesn't want to comply will just hit the 10 post limit anyway. (Also, if dupes are used to circumvent the 10 post rule, report the dupes.)

We'll have to do a similar plan on CTAM as that is approaching as well. But after this thread, everything will be auto-managed by the auto close feature.

Thanks, Spotify! OK, if it's not already done, I'll make sure to do that :smile:

Yup, will do :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RavioliDance

Goodnight, see you all later. :yawn:

Nighty night! :hugs:

Thanks, Spotify! OK, if it's not already done, I'll make sure to do that :smile:

Yup, will do :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, thanks for that! And if it looks like it's going to hit before I can get in, feel free to create the next part if I am not around (and don't respond to the PM at 19900).
It'll be basically a case of copying the current OP, replacing the links with the correct links for this thread (i.e. a link back to P9) etc. And if that happens, remember to put up a "This thread is continued here..." post at the 20k!

Yep, thanks for that! And if it looks like it's going to hit before I can get in, feel free to create the next part if I am not around (and don't respond to the PM at 19900).
It'll be basically a case of copying the current OP, replacing the links with the correct links for this thread (i.e. a link back to P9) etc. And if that happens, remember to put up a "This thread is continued here..." post at the 20k!

Wow, I sure do hope you're here because this is a lot of pressure. The only issue I think I'd have is with the post at 20k. Would it be a case of me waiting to make sure I get the 20k post? What happens if I miss it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, I sure do hope you're here because this is a lot of pressure. The only issue I think I'd have is with the post at 20k. Would it be a case of me waiting to make sure I get the 20k post? What happens if I miss it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope that I can make it as well! :wink:

In regards to the actual 20k post, either get that post (and link to the next thread, signalling the end of that thread) or get the post immediately afterwards (i.e. 20,001) - however, if you do get the one afterwards, don't post a number, just post a closing notice, because the next thread will start at 20001.

A bit like what happened on this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2661139 (this is Part 3) and someone stole the crucial last post :mad:

I hope that I can make it as well! :wink:

In regards to the actual 20k post, either get that post (and link to the next thread, signalling the end of that thread) or get the post immediately afterwards (i.e. 20,001) - however, if you do get the one afterwards, don't post a number, just post a closing notice, because the next thread will start at 20001.

A bit like what happened on this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2661139 (this is Part 3) and someone stole the crucial last post :mad:

Ohh right, that makes me feel a bit more comfortable about it:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest