The Student Room Group

LCF Make-up and prosthetics portfolio.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by harrfa1
I have the same problem but with every makeup look I've done sketches and ideas to show my planning for it... I can't draw very well at all but it all looks good together!! x

Original post by harrfa1
I have the same problem but with every makeup look I've done sketches and ideas to show my planning for it... I can't draw very well at all but it all looks good together!! x

Yes, that's what I am doing as well, but I am not including any other art stuff apart from that and I am not sure if it is going to be enough :/

Any more tips for the interview, please?
Jusr look reallly intrested :smile: listen! & ask questionss :smile:
Hey, has anyone applied for The Manchester College Special Effects pathway for 2015/16? :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by livrosepayne
Hey, has anyone applied for The Manchester College Special Effects pathway for 2015/16? :smile:

Hiya, yes I have.. I had my interview on Wednesday, haven't heard back yet but she said about two weeks. It's currently my first choice to fingers crossed. Have you? :smile:
I didn't have an interview but I got a conditional offer straight away! It's my first choice to :-) hopefully I'll see you there! Have you looked into accommodation?
Reply 85
I didn't have an interview but I got a conditional offer straight away! It's my first choice to :-) hopefully I'll see you there! Have you looked into accommodation?

That's awesome, well done! Are you doing the top up or foundation? Thanks I'm sure once I hear I will post on here haha! They said in the interview they recommend 'The Student Village' and city center, I had a quick look but don't want to get too excited until I hear! But I will be looking at living in halls x
I'm starting the foundation, I was looking at student halls too but they're quite far from the campus :-( it'll either be a flat share, halls or commuting. Not sure yet ahh!!
Reply 87
I'm starting the foundation, I was looking at student halls too but they're quite far from the campus :-( it'll either be a flat share, halls or commuting. Not sure yet ahh!!

Ah same! Yeah they are all about 40 minutes but they said there are a few trains and buses but the campus is on an estate and it looks ok there so hopefully some of them are flat share ...x
Reply 88
Original post by mellllx
See! That's still good!! Have you applied for special effects or the fashion one at Manchester? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any news from Manchester yet?? :-) x
Reply 89
Original post by DavineNicola94
Mine is the 15th too!! :biggrin:

How did your interview go last Wednesday?? :-)x
Reply 90
is anyone going to the London College of Fashion for Hair, Makeup and prosthetics? :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by akb149
is anyone going to the London College of Fashion for Hair, Makeup and prosthetics? :smile:

Meeee🙋🙋
Reply 92
yay! congrats!!... im so excited :smile::smile::smile:
Reply 93
Thankyou and you! And samee! Do you know what accomidation you are applying for yet?
Reply 94
Thanks!.. and I asked at the interview, they said The Costume Store was the best one for the course and the most popular so I think ill apply there. what about you?
Reply 95
Oh right ok, I was looking at the costume store but it's not exactly the cheapest also looking at the sketch house one though
Reply 96
Yeah it is quite expensive! I'll have to have a look around, I'm going to go to one of the accommodation open days next month :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Yeah I think Ill have to go have a look soon aha!
Reply 98
Original post by _hannmae
Yeah I think Ill have to go have a look soon aha!

I've been taking to people who are going on the same course and The Sketch House seems to be the most popular accommodation choice! It seems to have pretty good social life, not too far away from the college and has the option of a 42 week tenancy ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Oh right yeah, I think I'm going to put that as my top choice it seems pretty nice to be honest! Have you got Facebook? Might be easier talking on there aha

Quick Reply

Latest