Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfradkin)
    Thank you. But King's does as well I heard
    I think I saw somewhere that UCL and King's have the same MCQ average score for their offer holders - it was 25/42 a couple of years ago. However, King's uses the LNAT MCQ as a minimum cut-off point, whereas UCL tends to focus more on the essay... Don't take my word for it - browse the LNAT threads here and see what people are saying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    I think I saw somewhere that UCL and King's have the same MCQ average score for their offer holders - it was 25/42 a couple of years ago. However, King's uses the LNAT MCQ as a minimum cut-off point, whereas UCL tends to focus more on the essay... Don't take my word for it - browse the LNAT threads here and see what people are saying
    I emailed them before and they said that if you score below 26, you are 'unlikely to be offered a place'

ReputationRep:
    I emailed them before and they said that if you score below 26, you are 'unlikely to be offered a place'
    Ouch. Was this King's or UCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Ouch. Was this King's or UCL?
    King's :|

ReputationRep:
    For people that applied to UCL, What were your AS grades?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I have offers from Oxford, Bristol, Nottingham and Liverpool to study Law and German next year. Waiting to hear back from UCL. AS Grades - 4 As.

Anyone here an Oriel College Oxford Law offer holder?? Would love to speak to fellow prospective students!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawliettt)
    AABC, with A predicted for a fast-track subject I'm doing this year — so essentially, AAABC

ReputationRep:
    AABC, with A predicted for a fast-track subject I'm doing this year — so essentially, AAABC
    I see. My friend thinks it isn't possible to get an offer/interview unless you have like AAAA at AS so he refused to reply. Hence why I was curious as to what AS grades people applied to UCL with.

I think he got 5A* and 6A's at GCSE but BBBB at AS.

ReputationRep:
    I see. My friend thinks it isn't possible to get an offer/interview unless you have like AAAA at AS so he refused to reply. Hence why I was curious as to what AS grades people applied to UCL with.

I think he got 5A* and 6A's at GCSE but BBBB at AS.
    Well I got a rejection, but based on my LNAT score, however my predicted grades are really good which is why they didnt state grades as the reason. No As at AS is a no-go for UCL thats for sure, unless you're predicted like A*A*A*A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PollaPulchra197)
    Hi Guys,

I have offers from Oxford, Bristol, Nottingham and Liverpool to study Law and German next year. Waiting to hear back from UCL. AS Grades - 4 As.

Anyone here an Oriel College Oxford Law offer holder?? Would love to speak to fellow prospective students!!
    Congrats they're great offers!!

When did you get an offer from Bristol and what was the offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varya)
    Applied to KCL, UCL, Durham, Cambridge and LSE. Got rejected by the last two. LNAT went down the drain. I haven't heard from the first 3. I am panicking.
    My LNAT went down the drain too I applied to KCL and durham too :"(

ReputationRep:
    I was offered a place at UCL with AAAA (and a C in an extra subject) at AS, A2 predictions 3A*s and an A! Applied 24th novemeber, offer 21st december! Lnat 12th novemeber!

ReputationRep:
    May i ask when did you send that email ? Because i am really worry about King's as well in terms of my LNAT score But my friends got rejected and my other friends and myself are still waiting which is weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Efoster221)
    anybody got anything back from Nottingham yet? I sent mine in November got offers for Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield and Reading but still waiting for Nottingham. Sat my lnat in November as well
    Nottingham were last to reply to my daughter for law last year, think it was late February.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingston97)
    May i ask when did you send that email ? Because i am really worry about King's as well in terms of my LNAT score But my friends got rejected and my other friends and myself are still waiting which is weird
    I asked after I messed up my LNAT. So Oct 26 or so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mumollypolly)
    I'm just worried that they may not have my LNAT scores and I want them to have it before the deadline... Apart from filling in your LNAT ID on your UCAS application and ticking the schools when applying for the LNAT, did you do anything else? Thanks
    I wouldn't worry too much. My daughter last year took her LNAT early Sept, UCAS submitted early Oct and received offers from all her choices inc Oxford, before Nottingham eventually giot round to making her an offer in Feb/Mar (she found out she attained 32 in the LNAT), so please don't get too discouraged by the delay in them responding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oli19919)
    Well done, may I ask what you got a at gcse please
    7A* 3A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PollaPulchra197)
    Hi Guys,

Hi. What were your GCSE grades?

ReputationRep:
    GCSE: A*A*AAAABBB
    AS: AAAA
    Applied early October, LNAT 19th October.

Rejected from LSE (because of GCSE's), UCL (because of LNAT). Offer from S'oton. Waiting on Bristol and Cambridge.

Hoping on Bristol, but UCL rejecting me on the basis of the LNAT is worrying me.

How's everyone else doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varya)
    Applied to KCL, UCL, Durham, Cambridge and LSE. Got rejected by the last two. LNAT went down the drain. I haven't heard from the first 3. I am panicking.
    What were your predicted grades?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 12, 2016

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.