The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Medic1996
Still not heard from any of my 4 choices. Is it worth chasing them for an update on the status of my application...???

Most admissions offices don't seem to mind people phoning them to find out where they stand. I hope you get some good news from somewhere. Where are your other choices?
Original post by Dr Gin
Most admissions offices don't seem to mind people phoning them to find out where they stand. I hope you get some good news from somewhere. Where are your other choices?

Liverpool, Cardiff, SGUL
Original post by Nautic4l
Very nicely explained! Thanks :biggrin:

I've been put on the reserve list (not the good one, the bad one, if you get me?) so there might be no hope for me then? lol

Good list? Bad List? Please can you explain?
Reply 1283
Hi guys new to TSR! Had my interview in December... When do you think 'end of
January' is? Constantly refreshing my emails!
Reply 1284
Original post by Lex97

Last year offer day was the 31st apparently, so they could literally mean the end of Jan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lex97

Everyone's thinking it'll probs be around Frifay next week :smile: also, track is down this weekend so I guess you can have some respite from constant refreshing :tongue:

Not long to go now!!
Reply 1286
Original post by JNHE
Last year offer day was the 31st apparently, so they could literally mean the end of Jan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Ahhh not too long now
Reply 1287
Original post by Dr. Django
Everyone's thinking it'll probs be around Frifay next week :smile: also, track is down this weekend so I guess you can have some respite from constant refreshing :tongue:

Not long to go now!!

I spoke to them on my interview day and they said that after the interviews they would refer back to academic scoring: UKCAT, grades, predictions etc. and "marry the two scores together" to come to a decision.

That's probably why they are taking so long to make a decision!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm finding it weird/frustrating that I still haven't heard from exeter. I have achieved A*AAa and 757.5 in the UKCAT, but still nothing. I mean I'm annoyed that I haven't had an interview but they haven't even given me a rejection?? I had three other interviews now and still nothing from exeter. Last year they gave all the pre-interview rejections in November, I don't understand whats taking them so long, especially as they don't even use the personal statement as part of the selection process.
Anyone else in a similar position? Can anyone shed some light on what exeter are playing at haha?
Original post by JudgeJudy96
I'm finding it weird/frustrating that I still haven't heard from exeter. I have achieved A*AAa and 757.5 in the UKCAT, but still nothing. I mean I'm annoyed that I haven't had an interview but they haven't even given me a rejection?? I had three other interviews now and still nothing from exeter. Last year they gave all the pre-interview rejections in November, I don't understand whats taking them so long, especially as they don't even use the personal statement as part of the selection process.
Anyone else in a similar position? Can anyone shed some light on what exeter are playing at haha?

Wtf, with that ukcat and achieved grades you should have top of the pile! I met people at the interview with 630-650 ukcat o.O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaska
Wtf, with that ukcat and achieved grades you should have top of the pile! I met people at the interview with 630-650 ukcat o.O

Posted from TSR Mobile

ugh don't tell me that haha. I really don't know what they're doing, I've tried ringing but they're very vague when I ask them questions about interview requirements. I swear its something to do with predicted/achieved A*A*A+ to get an interview which seems ridiculous because that means theres higher entry requirements for people with achieved grades :confused::s-smilie:
Have you had an interview for exeter? Do you mind me asking your stats? :smile:
ugh don't tell me that haha. I really don't know what they're doing, I've tried ringing but they're very vague when I ask them questions about interview requirements. I swear its something to do with predicted/achieved A*A*A+ to get an interview which seems ridiculous because that means theres higher entry requirements for people with achieved grades :confused::s-smilie:
Have you had an interview for exeter? Do you mind me asking your stats? :smile:

Yeah, I have a feeling they want two a* predicted or achieved which is really unfair because people can get teachers to predict them any grades.

I only got 680 ukcat, a*a*a predicted and 5a*4a2b at gcse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaska
Yeah, I have a feeling they want two a* predicted or achieved which is really unfair because people can get teachers to predict them any grades.

I only got 680 ukcat, a*a*a predicted and 5a*4a2b at gcse

Posted from TSR Mobile

mmm we'll have to wait and see I guess, I'm pretty lucky to have had 3 other interviews anyway so I can't complain, It's just frustrating because Exeter's my first choice and when I applied I thought it would've been a safe bet in therms of getting an interview.
Anyway, I hope your interview went well, hopefully some good news from Exeter will be coming your way next week!!
mmm we'll have to wait and see I guess, I'm pretty lucky to have had 3 other interviews anyway so I can't complain, It's just frustrating because Exeter's my first choice and when I applied I thought it would've been a safe bet in therms of getting an interview.
Anyway, I hope your interview went well, hopefully some good news from Exeter will be coming your way next week!!

Oh having 3 interviews is something lots of students would be jealous of xD where did you apply? Maybe we applied to the same ones! And thanks, fingers crossed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaska
Oh having 3 interviews is something lots of students would be jealous of xD where did you apply? Maybe we applied to the same ones! And thanks, fingers crossed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

HYMS, Plymouth, and Leicester. wbu?
HYMS, Plymouth, and Leicester. wbu?

Plymouth, Manchester and SGUL. Been rejected from Plymouth, but my interview was shockingly bad xD what date was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaska
Plymouth, Manchester and SGUL. Been rejected from Plymouth, but my interview was shockingly bad xD what date was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah sorry to hear that! at least it was some good prep for exeter :wink: Mine was on the 28th, I'm on the waiting list.. not really sure what will come of that haha
Reply 1298
Original post by Jaska

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean shockingly bad?
What went wrong?
Reply 1299
ah sorry to hear that! at least it was some good prep for exeter :wink: Mine was on the 28th, I'm on the waiting list.. not really sure what will come of that haha

Same
I got 755 ukcat

Hope were at top of reserve list :smile:
(As a tiny bit of consolation)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending