Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stichybabe)
    I think a pass in A level refers to getting 40% (E) or above.
    That converts to 80% at AS level, so if you can attain 80% or above in your AS FM, it is considered as a pass in A level FM.

Hope this helps x !
    I think that is doable! I was thinking that but I was unsure, I've asked for confirmation and I've emailed a few of my teachers who will speak to them if necessary. Last thing I want is for them to retract the offer due to a mistake haha! I very much doubt that could happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    I think that is doable! I was thinking that but I was unsure, I've asked for confirmation and I've emailed a few of my teachers who will speak to them if necessary. Last thing I want is for them to retract the offer due to a mistake haha! I very much doubt that could happen.
    Congrats! yeh I would defo check as mine just said an A in AS further maths.

ReputationRep:
    I am still waiting. Applying for Bec econ. first week of 8 weeks. How many weeks did u guys wait after receving the 8 week email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Can someone help me with this?

I think it was just a typo but it would mean that they would have to cancel and resend the offer.
    You could just sit 6 FM modules without learning them very well. If they only want a pass, you could just get an E.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovyd97)
    Congrats! yeh I would defo check as mine just said an A in AS further maths.
    As said the two things mean the same thing. For me to pass A Level FM I need an A in AS FM but you would have thought they would have just said AS FM like with you.

Will have to admit your reply has made me feel a bit more uncertain again haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonwinner)
    You could just sit 6 FM modules without learning them very well. If they only want a pass, you could just get an E.
    Yeah I mean I could definitely get a pass but I wasn't scheduled to do A Level FM so I thought it peculiar they would have it feature in my conditional offer this way instead of just saying to get an A in AS FM.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international applicant and got my PPE offer today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cucumbersandwich)
    Got rejected because I didn't make one of their entry requirements! (They asked for 6,6,6 at Higher Level, but being predicted a 7,7,5 I figured it was worth a shot -- guess not :P) Have you heard from them yet?

Sorry to hear that. Did you receive the 8-week email before the rejection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andromaque)
    I'm an international applicant and got my PPE offer today!
    Which were your stats? :P
    I used to live in France :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Hi, I got an offer for economics - A*AA plus a pass in A Level FM as a forth subject - but I currently only do AS FM, therefore I am currently not able to meet the offer even if I were to get full marks in all my Maths modules in the summer! I have emailed the admissions office and it said that I have to wait 2 to 5 days for an answer. Can anyone else help me for now?
    Are you an international applicant? Could you tell me when you received your 8-week email? Thanks.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p.formanko)
    sadly I was rejected, they said my predicted grades weren't good enough (I was predicted AAB and the standard offer is AAA). I'm taking a gap year though and gonna re-apply after I re-do AS'
    Ah sorry to hear that mate! Yh man, that seems like a good plan, who knows, next year might be your year! I wish you all the best dude!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    Ah sorry to hear that mate! Yh man, that seems like a good plan, who knows, next year might be your year! I wish you all the best dude!
    oh no I am predicted A*,A,B... I don't know what they going to do with mine.. I'm just soo scared now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak2015)
    Just to clarify, has anyone received an offer for mathematics and economics? I know that several people have received offers for mathematics with economics.
    Really? I applied mathematics with economics but still have not receive a response. Worrying.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyxcindy)
    Are you an international applicant? Could you tell me when you received your 8-week email? Thanks.
    Nah, UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Nah, UK
    When did you receive your 8-week email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyxcindy)
    When did you receive your 8-week email?
    I was meant to receive it on the 31st of October but they forgot to send it to me so they sent it a little bit later

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for mathematics AND economics today!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I can see my LSE application failing hard, not doing FM is going to kill me.

Edit: In my reference my tutor stated I got the highest UMS of all the single maths students at my college, do you think they'd take this into account?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DSC2015)
    Got an offer for mathematics AND economics today!!!!
    Congratulations! what grades/predictions do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uncleshneb)
    Congratulations! what grades/predictions do you have?
    I got 7A* and 4A's at IGCSE and have 44 predicted IB points with 7,7,7 in HL maths, economics and chemistry. I learnt FM independently as my school doesn't offer it and mentioned it in my PS. Good luck to everyone else applying!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.