The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EHZ17
Can someone help me with this?

I think it was just a typo but it would mean that they would have to cancel and resend the offer.

You could just sit 6 FM modules without learning them very well. If they only want a pass, you could just get an E.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by groovyd97
Congrats! yeh I would defo check as mine just said an A in AS further maths.

As said the two things mean the same thing. For me to pass A Level FM I need an A in AS FM but you would have thought they would have just said AS FM like with you.

Will have to admit your reply has made me feel a bit more uncertain again haha!
Original post by anonwinner
You could just sit 6 FM modules without learning them very well. If they only want a pass, you could just get an E.

Yeah I mean I could definitely get a pass but I wasn't scheduled to do A Level FM so I thought it peculiar they would have it feature in my conditional offer this way instead of just saying to get an A in AS FM.
I'm an international applicant and got my PPE offer today!
Original post by Cucumbersandwich
Got rejected because I didn't make one of their entry requirements! (They asked for 6,6,6 at Higher Level, but being predicted a 7,7,5 I figured it was worth a shot -- guess not :P) Have you heard from them yet?

Sorry to hear that. Did you receive the 8-week email before the rejection?
Original post by Andromaque
I'm an international applicant and got my PPE offer today!

Which were your stats? :P
I used to live in France :P
Original post by EHZ17
Hi, I got an offer for economics - A*AA plus a pass in A Level FM as a forth subject - but I currently only do AS FM, therefore I am currently not able to meet the offer even if I were to get full marks in all my Maths modules in the summer! I have emailed the admissions office and it said that I have to wait 2 to 5 days for an answer. Can anyone else help me for now?

Are you an international applicant? Could you tell me when you received your 8-week email? Thanks.
Original post by p.formanko
sadly I was rejected, they said my predicted grades weren't good enough (I was predicted AAB and the standard offer is AAA). I'm taking a gap year though and gonna re-apply after I re-do AS' :smile:

Ah sorry to hear that mate! Yh man, that seems like a good plan, who knows, next year might be your year! I wish you all the best dude!
Original post by tazza ma razza
Ah sorry to hear that mate! Yh man, that seems like a good plan, who knows, next year might be your year! I wish you all the best dude!

oh no I am predicted A*,A,B... I don't know what they going to do with mine.. I'm just soo scared now
Reply 1369
Original post by ak2015
Just to clarify, has anyone received an offer for mathematics and economics? I know that several people have received offers for mathematics with economics.

Really? I applied mathematics with economics but still have not receive a response. Worrying.....
Original post by lyxcindy
Are you an international applicant? Could you tell me when you received your 8-week email? Thanks.

Nah, UK
Original post by EHZ17
Nah, UK

When did you receive your 8-week email?
Original post by lyxcindy
When did you receive your 8-week email?

I was meant to receive it on the 31st of October but they forgot to send it to me so they sent it a little bit later
Got an offer for mathematics AND economics today!!!!
I can see my LSE application failing hard, not doing FM is going to kill me.

Edit: In my reference my tutor stated I got the highest UMS of all the single maths students at my college, do you think they'd take this into account?
Original post by DSC2015

Congratulations! what grades/predictions do you have?
Original post by uncleshneb
Congratulations! what grades/predictions do you have?

I got 7A* and 4A's at IGCSE and have 44 predicted IB points with 7,7,7 in HL maths, economics and chemistry. I learnt FM independently as my school doesn't offer it and mentioned it in my PS. Good luck to everyone else applying!:smile:
Reply 1377
Original post by DSC2015

Hey Congrats!! How long into the 8 week email are u? Are u international or UK?
Original post by Vlsqbb
Hey Congrats!! How long into the 8 week email are u? Are u international or UK?

6 weeks into the 8 week email, so I was starting to freak out:smile:. I'm international. What about you?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1379
Original post by DSC2015
6 weeks into the 8 week email, so I was starting to freak out:smile: I'm international. What about you?

I'm about 4-5 weeks in for math and econs and 3-4 weeks in for econs. International as well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending