The Student Room Group

Ideal Height In A Guy

Scroll to see replies

Whatever man, even being a shortarse, it really doesn't bother me, even if people take the piss, I go along, whatever man, life's too short to worry about height!
Someone say 5'5, please (':
I would say that a smidge under 6'2 is the ideal height.

But I am biased in the matter.
Reply 123
Original post by RedDevilThing
Ok, maybe I phrased that badly, it doesn't make me feel like a child, but it does make me feel like less of a man. Being tall is perceived as a masculine trait, so making fun of the fact a guy is short is essentially devaluing him as a man. How would you like it if some guy made fun of your boobs, your bum or your legs, or drew attention to some unsightly body hair? I'm willing to bet it would have a similar effect.

Everyone has their insecurities, it's unavoidable. My main insecurity is (obviously) my height, I try not to let it bother me but it does, it really does. All I'm saying is that it's unreasonable to expect someone to not be sensitive about their insecurities, and for a large amount of short guys, it will be their height they are insecure about.

But calling something cute isn't making fun of it unless you're sarcastic about it...

I wouldn't take offence if someone said I was strong or whatever positive word is associated with men. (They wouldn't 'cause I'm a weed but whatever.) It's meant in a positive way.

:erm: *flies away from discussion*
Reply 124
Original post by Ryan-Hetherington
Someone say 5'5, please (':

I like it.
I'm 5ft and don't really have a preference with height. My boyfriends happen to have all been quite tall though (think 6'2 was the shortest)
Original post by dean01234
I would say that a smidge under 6'2 is the ideal height.

But I am biased in the matter.

Agree whole-heartedly. I think we can consider this as fact from now onwards.
Being exactly 6'0 ftw. :sexface:
Original post by Steevee
As a 5'10 guy, may I just say I hate 6' guys :frown:

I hear you mate. That constant voice in the back of your mind going "just a bit more!"

Both my older brothers are 6'4'' too, and I've definitely stopped growing now at 5'10''. Infuriating.
So after many calculations I've concluded that the ideal height for every male on the planet is 5"10and 47/50 of an inch.
This guy will appeal to ALL wo(men) on the planet.

Everyone else will live a lonely life...

NO, stupid thread question.
Reply 130
So yeah... I'm 5"8 and my boyfriend's 5"5.5

His height perfectly fine by me :smile:

Have dated guys between 5'5.5 and 6'2

If you've measured your height and want to be a bit taller - measure it again in the morning, you could gain up to half an inch. True fact.
Reply 131
5'8+ would probably be ideal (for me).
Original post by graffic
No that's actually racist and social Darwinist to say height is "universally" attractive. You are slandering oriental and semitic people, where medium-short is the norm and height is extremely rare as unattractive compared to presumably your ideal 6"2 European Aryan as Hitler envisaged.

Oh my god what is your problem? You're basically calling me a Nazi because I said that it is comon for people to find height attractive.

Stop putting words in my mouth and grow up.
There is no ideal height.

Just as there is no ideal bust size for women.

Everyone has there own preferences.
Original post by Historophilia
Oh my god what is your problem? You're basically calling me a Nazi because I said that it is comon for people to find height attractive.

Stop putting words in my mouth and grow up.

Welcome to the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Terrible things lurk here...
Reply 136
Original post by Regent
Dude, don't let it. There are plenty of girls shorter than 5'4. Hitting the gym will help to, provided you don't overdo it.

I'm 5'9 and turn down girls taller than me. Even in heels the most I'll tolerate is an inch above my height. And yes its me qualifying them, not the other way round. Loss of attraction has never been an issue for me. Bear in mind the average height for a female is less than 5'5.

Besides, I'm literally not attracted to girls who are significantly taller than me. It just looks unseemly. So it makes sense for women to think in a similar way.

I'm 5'9", like you and I don't care what height the woman is. It simply doesn't come into the equation. So in theory, I could fall in love with a dwarf or a giant. Some people would think it would look ridiculous, but I've been confounding people's expectations all my life. :smug:

Like I re-iterate every time one of these threads comes around, the sooner people have a more open-mind, the better we will be.
Reply 137
I've turned down guys shorter than me - I hate it.

I'm about 5ft6 and I like to wear heels, current bf is 6ft and I would only go to about 5ft10 - I love tall men <3
Reply 138
Over 6' but under 6'3" seems to be the ideal - you're tall but not too tall.
Reply 139
Original post by graffic
You do realise its women you are talking about? Although superior to men in every other every way, when it comes to judging others or potential partners, women are the harshest and most uncompromising of all.

In fact, the way some posters talk here, If I was a dwarf I would be pretty offended

"Although superior to men in every other way"?

Is this a joke?

Quick Reply

Latest