The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1400
JK.
OP
Dunno why you lot insist on replying to Ziz, he's clearly a WUM.
Whether we like it or not Wenger will be here for quite a while so picking out suitable managers seems premature (though I know it's only a bit of fun!). Very disappointing results in the cup games -- again we created problems where there weren't any and now ended up with an extra 2 games in which we need to pay a lot of attention to unless we want to get knocked out early. The momentum was ruined as soon as Wenger decided that we were above the FA Cup and Leeds and decided to rest Van Persie, Nasri and others. That said, the fringe players were worse than I remembered.

Fabregas probably put in his worst performance ever against Ipswich. And he should be completely embarrassed by his post-match comments which anyone can see is not true. It sickens me that the club have to be associated with that disgusting mentality. And this after he publicly criticised Denilson, saying "a professional footballer shouldn't make the mistake" of giving away a soft penalty. Well what the **** did you do against the spuds? Swarmy little ****.

No Sagna and Fabianski tomorrow but after being wrapped in cotton-wool for...well, ever, Van Persie better turn up and start showing he's worth his wages.
No Fabianski tomorrow?

Which of Shea or Martinez will get on the bench then?
Reply 1403
JK.
OP
Original post by marcusmerehay
No Fabianski tomorrow?

Which of Shea or Martinez will get on the bench then?

Hadn't heard this either. I'm guessing there's nothing wrong and he's giving Szczesny a real first team chance, at least I hope so, if he comes in permanently I genuinely think he could make the difference between us falling away and being serious contenders this year.

Probs Shea.
Original post by JK.
Hadn't heard this either. I'm guessing there's nothing wrong and he's giving Szczesny a real first team chance, at least I hope so, if he comes in permanently I genuinely think he could make the difference between us falling away and being serious contenders this year.

Probs Shea.

Just seen the squad sheets on the Guardian's website and they say Shea. :yy:

I think the team will be:

Szczesny

Eboue Koscielny Djourou Clichy

Song

Wilshere Fabregas

Walcott van Persie Nasri

Bench: Shea, Gibbs, Denilson, Rosicky, Arshavin, Chamakh, Eastmond/Vela/Bendtner.
Reply 1405
JK.
OP
Apart from Eboue, that's a very strong team. :yy:
It's a shoulder injury. I don't know if it's genuine but I think Arsene does favour Fabianski so it would be odd if he was making it up. http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/szczesny-to-start-after-fabianski-fails-test

I thought Szczesny didn't look comfortable for the first time in the side on Wednesday. Kept us in the FA Cup by making a brilliant save at 0-1 though.
We have a very realistic chance of making up ground on United this weekend, seeing as they're away at Spurs.
Reply 1408
:love:

Start Walcott and not Bendtner, Wenger.
Reply 1410
Just seen the squad sheets on the Guardian's website and they say Shea. :yy:

I think the team will be:

Szczesny

Eboue Koscielny Djourou Clichy

Song

Wilshere Fabregas

Walcott van Persie Nasri

Bench: Shea, Gibbs, Denilson, Rosicky, Arshavin, Chamakh, Eastmond/Vela/Bendtner.

That team looks great and should do good.
also the fact that Denilson is not playing is a major upside.
It's been done mate, don't milk it. :yy:

I was watching it with two of my mates who are Ipswich fans and all I have to say is I'm glad you didn't make more clear-cut chances, because Wickham and Priskin offered more as a combination than Arshavin and Bendtner did.

Good luck for the return leg, but don't expect a miracle. :h:

Appreciative of the honest reply.

You're right, but I don't think we need a miracle, just a solid performance again. Having said that I can't see us keeping you out for another 90 minutes. We shall see.
Original post by JK.
Dunno why you lot insist on replying to Ziz, he's clearly a WUM.

I'm a WUM.

Lol.

Original post by JK.
We finally have Bendtner, a proper striker with real presence back, something we have been missing since RvP got injured in November.

A quote from this guy last season.
Original post by ZizAli
I'm a WUM.

Lol.

A quote from this guy last season.

:rofl2:

Yes you are, or you're very stupid.

Last season we had been playing Arshavin as a front man since RVP was injured...

Bendtner came in and scored some good, important goals. His form was occasionally highly impressive, despite his recent poor performances.

2000 posts, yay.
(edited 13 years ago)
Bendtner was in reasonably good form at the end of last season.

I don't see what's wrong with that comment.

Players change from season to season. Just have a look at Francis Jeffers and Michael Bridges as prime examples.
Reply 1415
Original post by antonfigo
If Arsene wants to win the game ...Probably this :
Chesney
sagna - Kos - Djourou - Clichy
Song-Wilshere
Cesc
Walcott - RVP -Nasri

Sagna's banned right?
Reply 1416
Arshavin is nothing but ****ness now.
Sagna is indeed suspended.
Eboue playing? ****.

Never should've sold Hoyte.
Is Hoyte still at Middlesborough?

We were never going to turn down £3m tbh.

I expect if we hadn't sent Cruise on-loan he might be filling in instead, or there's always Gavin.

Whatever happened to Kerrea Gilbert? He filled in for a few games before we got Sagna. :teehee:

Latest