Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OmarZ)
    Oh, getting my accommodation's gonna be hard. But since I am doing the IB diploma, then my offer becomes unconditional before those who do A-levels. Does that mean i'll be able to get my first choice accommodation more likely than someone doing A-levels?
    That's what i'm hoping.... I do IB as well hahaha

ReputationRep:
    I've just made Manchester my firm! I really hope I get the grades now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drewsalexia)
    I've just made Manchester my firm! I really hope I get the grades now
    Course / Offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lakkisakki)
    Course / Offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Geography and AAB ☺️

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, could anyone tell me if you only apply for accomodation if you are definitely going to firm/insurance your offer? Just wondering as I am a medicine applicant and probably won't make any decisions till my other unis get back to me (so like March time) and wouldn't want to miss out on my first choice of halls as I left it this late. Could I just apply for accomodation now even if I'm not sure if I'll accept my offer? Thanks
    (Was thinking 1. Sheavyn 2. Richmond Park 3. Whitworth Park )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluffy123)
    Hi there, could anyone tell me if you only apply for accomodation if you are definitely going to firm/insurance your offer? Just wondering as I am a medicine applicant and probably won't make any decisions till my other unis get back to me (so like March time) and wouldn't want to miss out on my first choice of halls as I left it this late. Could I just apply for accomodation now even if I'm not sure if I'll accept my offer? Thanks
    (Was thinking 1. Sheavyn 2. Richmond Park 3. Whitworth Park )
    You can apply anyway, you don't need to have accepted the offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drewsalexia)
    Geography and AAB ☺️
    Gratz and gl on your exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had an offer for pharmacy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is the passport-style photograph really necessary? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Is the passport-style photograph really necessary? :confused:
    When do they require this..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lakkisakki)
    When do they require this..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In the application form for postgraduate studies.

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I applied to Manchester for MEng Mechanical engineering. I submitted my application on the 14th and on 20th got a conditional offer (AAA including maths and physics). I have 3 As at AS and 7A*s at IGCSEs but still, getting an offer within a week was surprising. Is this common? Anyone else here in the same boat?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else with offers for Accounting and Finance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taimoor821)
    Hi. I applied to Manchester for MEng Mechanical engineering. I submitted my application on the 14th and on 20th got a conditional offer (AAA including maths and physics). I have 3 As at AS and 7A*s at IGCSEs but still, getting an offer within a week was surprising. Is this common? Anyone else here in the same boat?
    Does it really matter if it's common or not? You've got an offer so there's nothing for you to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HandmadeTurnip)
    Does it really matter if it's common or not? You've got an offer so there's nothing for you to worry about.
    Lol that is so true but I was asking with respect to whether getting an offer from a uni so quickly means that I am a strong candidate and can expect positive responses from the 4 other unis I applied to.

ReputationRep:
    Lol that is so true but I was asking with respect to whether getting an offer from a uni so quickly means that I am a strong candidate and can expect positive responses from the 4 other unis I applied to.
    It probably bodes well for your other choices, yeah. I wouldn't read too much into the time-frame though. The time it takes for a university to reply to an application depends on a large variety of factors, most of them nothing to do with the individual applicant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ual12)
    Hi there!I got an offer from Manchester for accounting and finance around 2 months ago,and they gave me an offer within a day!But i did apply really early,like the end of october! And no, they don't require interviews!
    Good luck with your application!
    Hi, are you firming Manchester?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAlchemistt)
    Both unis are great, either one will be good! Congrats on your offers and good luck on your results

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks a lot Which one do u prefer ?

ReputationRep:
    Idk I got four offers one rejection within a month and a half but I wouldn't say I'm an extremely "strong" candidate, think how quickly they get back to you is irrelevant

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I only recently got my offer and I was wondering if I had to apply for accommodation now?

I don't know if this is my firm (I'm still waiting to hear from 2 other unis)

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.