The Student Room Group

adult nursing offers for sep 2023

Hello everyone!
I got offers for Liverpool John Moores, Edge Hill, Manchester Met, Uni of Manchester, and Uni of Salford for adult nursing and was wondering if anyone else has applied to the same unis :smile: I'd love to make friends before starting uni this September :smile:)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by gvvyn
Hello everyone!
I got offers for Liverpool John Moores, Edge Hill, Manchester Met, Uni of Manchester, and Uni of Salford for adult nursing and was wondering if anyone else has applied to the same unis :smile: I'd love to make friends before starting uni this September :smile:)

Hi @gvvyn,

Congratulations on your offers!

At Salford, we know that getting to know your potential classmates is an important part of your decision, and we try and give you as many chances as possible to meet your peers and start to get to know people. The easiest way to do this is online, and to help get the conversations started you should have been invited to an offer holders Facebook group, which will give you the chance to start chatting with your classmates and potential students from across the university.

If you are able to we also recommend visiting the campus on an Applicant Visit Day, as you will not only be able to get some more in-depth knowledge on your course, but you will also meet other students in the same possible class as you. The next Adult Nursing events are due to take place on the 15th March (which might be a little close...) and the 13th May, you should have been sent more information about the events directly.

If you haven't received more details on either of these elements, please let us know and we will ensure you get the information you need.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions please get in touch.

All the best,
Ben
University of Salford rep
Reply 2
Original post by University of Salford
Hi @gvvyn,

Congratulations on your offers!

At Salford, we know that getting to know your potential classmates is an important part of your decision, and we try and give you as many chances as possible to meet your peers and start to get to know people. The easiest way to do this is online, and to help get the conversations started you should have been invited to an offer holders Facebook group, which will give you the chance to start chatting with your classmates and potential students from across the university.

If you are able to we also recommend visiting the campus on an Applicant Visit Day, as you will not only be able to get some more in-depth knowledge on your course, but you will also meet other students in the same possible class as you. The next Adult Nursing events are due to take place on the 15th March (which might be a little close...) and the 13th May, you should have been sent more information about the events directly.

If you haven't received more details on either of these elements, please let us know and we will ensure you get the information you need.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions please get in touch.

All the best,
Ben
University of Salford rep

i’m going on the applicant visit day on wednesday! i’m looking forward to it :smile:
Original post by gvvyn
Hello everyone!

Hi there,

Congratulations on all of your offers.

It's great to see that you are reaching out to meet some of your potential classmates before September. This is an ideal platform to find other students who have applied for the same courses.

We are holding our final Offer Holder Day on Saturday 18th March, where you can meet the tutors from the adult nursing course and some of our current nursing students. You also have the opportunity to sit through a subject taster session with other offer holders and tour our clinical skills and simulation building.

If you would like to speak with any of our current students about their experiences at Edge Hill, you can find them here.

If you would like to ask any questions about our Offer Holder Day or our nursing courses, you can contact us at [email protected].

Best of luck with your future studies,

Melissa- Course Enquiries
Original post by gvvyn
i’m going on the applicant visit day on wednesday! i’m looking forward to it :smile:

Ahhh amazing :biggrin: I hope you had the best time, managed to see everything you wanted to and spoke to some other applicants!

Just let us know if you have any more questions :smile::smile:

All the best,

Rowan
- University of Salford Rep
For those planning to study at a uni in England, the NHS Learning Support Fund is now open to applicants starting in Sep/Oct 2023. More information on who can apply, what financial support you could receive, etc. on this thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7324327
Original post by gvvyn
Hello everyone!

Hello when did you hear back from uni of Manchester?
Reply 7
Original post by treebarky
Hello when did you hear back from uni of Manchester?

december! i sent off my application on the third week of november
Original post by gvvyn
december! i sent off my application on the third week of november

I see. I'm applying for postgraduate, submitted January. But got offered a place this week xo
Hi!
I got offers from John Moores, KCL, Uni of Manchester and Cardiff!
I think imma firm Manchester and put Cardiff as insurance. However, Cardiff is unconditional so if I firmed them then I could give up retaking Chemistry which would be quite nice. Still trying to decide lol.

Which uni did you firm? Would be nice to hear from someone else who is thinking of Manchester! x
Reply 10
Original post by Plasticplants
Hi!
I think imma firm Manchester and put Cardiff as insurance. However, Cardiff is unconditional so if I firmed them then I could give up retaking Chemistry which would be quite nice. Still trying to decide lol.

Which uni did you firm? Would be nice to hear from someone else who is thinking of Manchester! x

hello :smile: i decided to firm salford just because the way that salford run their course suits me more than manchester. i’m from manchester so i’ll be more than happy to talk about what it’s like up here x
Hi!

I have firmed Manchester. Are you doing the undergraduate or postgraduate?
Original post by gvvyn
hello :smile: i decided to firm salford just because the way that salford run their course suits me more than manchester. i’m from manchester so i’ll be more than happy to talk about what it’s like up here x

Thanks! I hope you enjoy Salford!!
Original post by treebarky
I have firmed Manchester. Are you doing the undergraduate or postgraduate?

Hi! Nice to meet you :smile:
I'm doing undergraduate. Wbu?
Reply 14
Hi! Nice to meet you :smile:
I'm doing undergraduate. Wbu?

Congrats, postgraduate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending