The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1500
Alba and Xavi are fit, while Vilanova will be travelling to Paris.
Original post by jit987
Alba and Xavi are fit, while Vilanova will be travelling to Paris.

Great news for us! :adore:
Ibra's going to be pumped up for the match vs. Barcelona, considering how his spell didn't work out. I can't imagine Barca are going to be all too chuffed to see him either. All of the next round draw are going to be great games to watch. The way it's being reported, it seems PSG play the European games with more enthusiasm than the domestic leagues. If they go out and just about scrape through domestically with the league, I fear Ancelotti might get the chop. Although his saving grace might be Leonardo being in the director of football position might help him get another year.
Original post by Aky786UK
Ibra's going to be pumped up for the match vs. Barcelona, considering how his spell didn't work out. I can't imagine Barca are going to be all too chuffed to see him either. All of the next round draw are going to be great games to watch. The way it's being reported, it seems PSG play the European games with more enthusiasm than the domestic leagues. If they go out and just about scrape through domestically with the league, I fear Ancelotti might get the chop. Although his saving grace might be Leonardo being in the director of football position might help him get another year.

Meh we saw ibrahimovic last year haha getting old seeing him :tongue: judging from their European performances so far you wouldn't know that they play with more enthusiasm. Have yet to really make people stand up and take notice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Isn't Bartra a good player anyway? Just that Barca haven't given him a chance in the first team. I think Barca will definitely go through, PSG aren't used to facing continuous heavy pressure in Ligue 1, and the fact that the second leg is at the Nou Camp works in your favour too.

Reckon it'll either be 3atb or Montoya filling in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277
Reckon it'll either be 3atb or Montoya filling in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alba is fit again :tongue:
Mascherano out 6 weeks ruptured knee ligament. Not good defensive crisis...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1507
Original post by Malevolent
Mascherano out 6 weeks ruptured knee ligament. Not good defensive crisis...

Posted from TSR Mobile

How's Abidal? Song signing might actually end up been an important one :lol:
Original post by 419
How's Abidal? Song signing might actually end up been an important one :lol:

Umm abidal no game time so it's not a good idea :tongue: yeah me thinks song might be thrust into the lineup next week. Gives us some height with Pique at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looks like bartra will be getting some more action. I think villanova trusts him quite a bit personally.
Original post by jam277
Looks like bartra will be getting some more action. I think villanova trusts him quite a bit personally.

Or that yeah. I'm ****ting wondering what's wrong with Messis knee. If it's an ACL tear then damn are we ****ed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, couldn't care less about mascherano, the real problem is losing messi. Just wish he decided to play for spain.
Or that yeah. I'm ****ting wondering what's wrong with Messis knee. If it's an ACL tear then damn are we ****ed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not his knee, it's his hamstring. I've seen estimates of three weeks from certain sources, but they're going to be doing tests today.
Original post by KingMessi
It's not his knee, it's his hamstring. I've seen estimates of three weeks from certain sources, but they're going to be doing tests today.

Well thats us ****ed then :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well thats us ****ed then :|

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perhaps. Luckily you still have a substantial lead in the league, and will probably get past PSG at home without Messi. One would just hope he returns for the Champions League semi-finals. I'm gutted too, though.
Original post by KingMessi
Perhaps. Luckily you still have a substantial lead in the league, and will probably get past PSG at home without Messi. One would just hope he returns for the Champions League semi-finals. I'm gutted too, though.

Is it a coincidence Messi and Mascherano the two Argentinians in the team who went all the way to to Bolivia to play in that altitude then played against Delta got hurt? Bad idea playing Messi against Celts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
General consensus is hamstring 3 weeks. Whenever I see someone holding their hamstring and they can't walk then they're out for 2-3 weeks.

Funnily enough I've never seen an ACL tear, although my brother had one and is still recovering from it.
Original post by jam277
General consensus is hamstring 3 weeks. Whenever I see someone holding their hamstring and they can't walk then they're out for 2-3 weeks.

Funnily enough I've never seen an ACL tear, although my brother had one and is still recovering from it.

ACL tears can be completely innocuous, I went quite a while before I found out that I had torn mine. Thats not good for Barcelona. Hate PSG so much.
ACL tears can be completely innocuous, I went quite a while before I found out that I had torn mine. Thats not good for Barcelona. Hate PSG so much.

Tbf it was kinda obvious with my bro the guy was on the floor pepe style after each tackle but it took him years before he found out(go figure).

Tbh the match really didn't live up to it's hype though. Disappointing.
Original post by jam277
Tbf it was kinda obvious with my bro the guy was on the floor pepe style after each tackle but it took him years before he found out(go figure).

Tbh the match really didn't live up to it's hype though. Disappointing.

Yeah It took a while for me to get mine diagnosed. If your a athlete i guess it would get found out pretty soon but if your a common person like me who had to wait on the NHS its gonna take a while unless your you go private.

Nah it didn't really but then again I didn't think it would be a good match like the Bayern Juventus game. Hopefully that referees **** decision doesn't go against us.

Also Sanchez actually did some good things but damn finishing wise is he useless...

Latest