Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.bryan4)
    surely random is as simple as putting the children's names into the hats and picking them out?
    yes i think that is right, however i was asking if my answer of using a computer is right also?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saran12)
    Wasn't a limitation of Loftus research is it lacks ecological validity as it was done in lab conditions so cannot be generalised to real life
    it's a field experiment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiranjott)
    For the two marker on why the strange situation is effective I said that there's high interrater reliability as ainsworths findings were supported by Takahasis too? Can anyone tell me if this is right?!!
    Not sure what you're getting at! Inter-rater reliability refers to one study. In Ainsworth's case, this is a strength; it means results are valid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssn2125)
    yes i think that is right, however i was asking if my answer of using a computer is right also?
    ohhh I see, I think so if you mentioned like using a random generator which picked the names at random

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imrhuss)
    it's a field experiment.
    I think it is a Laboratory study too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naga1)
    Was going to drop psychology, but considering how easy this exam was I had to reconsider. Then I realised after the exam that I wrote about WMM instead of MSM Guess I'm dropping this **** for A2. U guys are lucky, u have idiots like me dropping the grade boundaries!! gl
    in a2 it's ridiculously hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssn2125)
    Yeah it's cool. I said about random number generator. As long as you've said about assigning them a number etc, i.e. contextualising, you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    Why was there so many extra lines LOL

ReputationRep:
    Outline just means A01, when you need evaluation it states "outline and evaluate" so the A02 bit won't be counted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleming1928)
    I didn't evaluate it either. I thought if we had to evaluate it as well they'd make it an 8 marker.
    So does this mean we didn't get the full 6 marks? The question said 'make sure to include the procedure and results'
    The evaluation was asked as a seperate question, and was only worth 2 marks i think? Or maybe it was 4..

ReputationRep:
    For the question about mnemonics, did u have to use the example of the 10 words in your explanation or would u get a mark for a different example ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else feel like they had to rush through the paper ?? Lots of questions that needed elaboration and long answers PLUS a whole page for pilot study question !!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eleanor303)
    I thought so too, however my teacher explained that the PP's came in to do a lab study, but whilst they were waiting, they heard the heated discussion and the man with the knife came out etc etc... so they were not aware that this would occur making it a field experiment rather than a lab study as pp's were not aware that this event was the experiment they came for.

ReputationRep:
    That's what i wrote!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Franemms)
    Anyone else feel like they had to rush through the paper ?? Lots of questions that needed elaboration and long answers PLUS a whole page for pilot study question !!!!!!!
    Yeah true , my hand was flinching and cramping towards the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imrhuss)
    it's a field experiment.
    but there were two conditions tho.

ReputationRep:
    Great exam, well done everyone

I'm worried about the strength about the SS. I said that it has high mundane realism because the infants experience the events in real like e.g separation anxiety. Therefore high ecological validity, results can be generalised. Is this ok for two marks? Or did I get the whole thing wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eleanor303)
    I thought if they're not in natural environment and the researcher controlled the IV it was a lab?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uglyula)
    For the question about mnemonics, did u have to use the example of the 10 words in your explanation or would u get a mark for a different example ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Um I'm not sure but I just did it to make it relatable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -MLS-)
    Great exam, well done everyone

I'm worried about the strength about the SS. I said that it has high mundane realism because the infants experience the events in real like e.g separation anxiety. Therefore high ecological validity, results can be generalised. Is this ok for two marks? Or did I get the whole thing wrong
    That should be fine, because the SS is similar to kids being left with a babysitter

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.