The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

My offer is for BBB but I'm most likely achieving BBC (C being in the irrelevant subject). I'm applying for engineering with a foundation year. Really nervous because It has to be my firm and i'm paying all this money to retake my coursework/exams but if they reject me for being one grade off :s-smilie:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Offer for medicine!
Original post by PoloMaxima
Offer for medicine!

Congrats man! :smile:
Conditional offer received today for MSc in Real Estate Asset Management! Chuffed!!!
Can anyone tell me whether there is a post offer open day for every course soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just applied for my accommodation!! Went for Richmond Park, Weston Hall and Sheavyn House!! Anyone else put these choices down?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhyss01
Can anyone tell me whether there is a post offer open day for every course soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it depends on the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1567
Original post by EmMcd13
Just applied for my accommodation!! Went for Richmond Park, Weston Hall and Sheavyn House!! Anyone else put these choices down?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same - applied yesterday, put Sheavyn House, Richmond Park, Woolton Hall as my 3 in that order!
Wasn't too sure about my third one though :/
I got a conditional offer of 35 IB points. I'm scared whether I'll get 35 or not. I'll get like a 33 for sure...
Any chances I can still get in?
Reply 1569
Original post by samhita23
I got a conditional offer of 35 IB points. I'm scared whether I'll get 35 or not. I'll get like a 33 for sure...

You and your luck, try as hard as you can, there's a big chance you wouldnt because that's what they want. At least try and get 34
Original post by EmMcd13

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! Except I put Victoria as my insurance :smile: Praying for Richmond!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else got an offer for international business finance and economics? And anyone's thoughts on this course? Also is anyone going to the business open day on 11th February?
I'm stuck between manchester and birmingham!!
Reply 1572

Last year a friend of mine applied for an AAB course at UoM and ended up getting ABB - even though he missed the offer he was still accepted into the uni.

im not saying that if you get 33 IB points you'll get in but i guess there is a chance (that being said i have no idea how IB points work so :/)

also just work towards more than the required amount for your offer, if you then fall short hopefully it will STILL be above what you need!

good luck!

I also got an offer for 37 points and 666 in HL. It's the HL that is putting me down. Achievable but really difficult :frown:
Original post by JoshH3
Anyone else got an offer for international business finance and economics? And anyone's thoughts on this course? Also is anyone going to the business open day on 11th February?
I'm stuck between manchester and birmingham!!

I've got an offer for IBFE. Finally, someone who has an offer for the same course as me! :smile: I think the course is brilliant, as it has aspects of 3 interesting subjects combined into one, as well as a bit of maths if that's what you like. Including the option for a year in industry made the course even better. I'm going to the open day on the 11th, can't wait!
I applied to both Manchester and Birmingham, and I lean slightly more towards Manchester because of the course is more varied (I applied to straight Econ. at B'ham) and also because I live to close to may family if I'm in B'ham, which is not a bad thing, but I do want a sense of independence.

Hope this helps :biggrin:
Woo, got my offer for Biomedical Sciences with a year in industry! ABB with an A in Biology, B in Chemistry and B in French. Applied for my accommodation straight after, I'm ecstatic!

Yours,
Grey
Haha finally someone else! Yeah me too, might see you there then! I'm completely stuck, leaning towards manchester because its higher ranked internationally for business and apparently it's a nicer city than birmingham but I haven't seen either properly yet, but the international business course at birmingham appeals to me a little bit more and the accomodation is a lot nicer at birmingham I think!
Haha that's a fair enough reason, what accomodation are you thinking at manchester and does anyone know when's best to apply for it to get the ones you like?
Original post by JoshH3
Haha finally someone else! Yeah me too, might see you there then! I'm completely stuck, leaning towards manchester because its higher ranked internationally for business and apparently it's a nicer city than birmingham but I haven't seen either properly yet, but the international business course at birmingham appeals to me a little bit more and the accomodation is a lot nicer at birmingham I think!
Haha that's a fair enough reason, what accomodation are you thinking at manchester and does anyone know when's best to apply for it to get the ones you like?

The sooner you apply for accommodation, the better, as it's first come, first served. Applications have been open since December so a lot of people will have already applied.
Original post by clstx
Hiya, I applied for Spanish and Italian and I had my interview back in December... my interview was really casual and the language tutor was friendly, the questions were mainly based on my personal statement, why I wanna do the course, why Manchester etc. and the whole interview was in English. I didn't get a confirmation email either, so don't worry about that as I'm pretty sure they put everyone on the registers once they've responded with their chosen date :smile:

Thanks so much! Feeling a lot better now :smile:
oh right okay thanks! Do you know if you have to have put a first and insurance choice down before you can apply for accommodation? So I haven't chosen mine yet but could I still apply for accommodation now?

Latest

Trending

Trending