The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why would Benzema leave a first XI place at Madrid to play at Arsenal?

Lol at someone saying overrated considering he links all of the play, fulfills the #9 role and still gets 20+ goals.
Reply 141
Misses the point that he clearly has better players around him at Madrid then he will have at Arsenal so will find link up player easier instead of having to deal with the likes of Welbeck and Ramsey either side of him...

And yet he's only scored 15 in 28 in La Liga yet it's "funny" to call him overrated when others on the forum have labelled him world class before
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Arkasia
That Madrid front three tho...(did sweet FA against Juve).

Juventus are in with a shout.

On current form the Messi,Neymar,Suarez trio is the deadliest in the world. Obviously Juventus are no pushovers, but I can't see them holding Barcelona out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Depleted
Why would Benzema leave a first XI place at Madrid to play at Arsenal?

Why did Ozil leave? Why did ADM leave? Loads of reasons why players choose to move elsewhere.

Original post by RA95
Benzema will be quite overrated due to being surrounded by the likes of Bale and Ronaldo so he'll obviously look better, a bit similar to the Ozil situation, however he'd be quite a big improvement on Giroud and I wouldn't be against signing him at all. He's 27 so still has a few years in his peak but I'd be wary on paying over the odds for him. Around £35m or £40m at max but anything above would be unnecessary

Ahhh good point thanks.
Reply 144
Let's get Falcao. World class striker when he's on form, one of the deadliest I've seen.
Reply 145
Original post by al_94
Let's get Falcao. World class striker when he's on form, one of the deadliest I've seen.

you're a joker
Reply 146
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Why did Ozil leave? Why did ADM leave? Loads of reasons why players choose to move elsewhere.

Ahhh good point thanks.

Ozil/ADM were forced out. If we'd want to sign Benzema it would be in the hope that Madrid were signing some one else up front and wanted to offload Benzema but that's unlikely
Benzema needs 4 chances to score a goal. I don't think he'd flop in the PL, but he would struggle.
Reply 148
Original post by RA95
you're a joker

Just because Falcao flopped at Man United doesn't mean he can't be a success at Arsenal. We saw his quality at Atletico he was incredible.
Dreams can come true.

Ahhh good point thanks.

Özil and ADM left because they were forced out. Benzema is guaranteed a starting berth and is the only recognised number 9 at the club (assuming Chicharito isn't signed), Madrid aren't in for a galactico striker as nobody is available, so there's no chance he'll leave.
Reply 151
Özil and ADM left because they were forced out. Benzema is guaranteed a starting berth and is the only recognised number 9 at the club (assuming Chicharito isn't signed), Madrid aren't in for a galactico striker as nobody is available, so there's no chance he'll leave.

They're getting Aguero
Original post by RA95
Misses the point that he clearly has better players around him at Madrid then he will have at Arsenal so will find link up player easier instead of having to deal with the likes of Welbeck and Ramsey either side of him...

And yet he's only scored 15 in 28 in La Liga yet it's "funny" to call him overrated when others on the forum have labelled him world class before

He's an out and out number 9 when he wants to be. You play a different system to Madrid, so he wouldn't have to sacrifice himself in the same way. Alternatively he'd be the main focal point like he was at Lyon, with superior creators in behind him and he'd thrive again like he did there. Judging him on his goal output shows a lack of understanding of Real's attacking play. As I said though he's not going anywhere, and if he was there'd be better options than Arsenal available (City, PSG, Juve).
Original post by difeo
They're getting Aguero

Jolly good banter. This summer they'll get De Gea and potentially Pogba (might get a backup ST too).
Original post by al_94
Just because Falcao flopped at Man United doesn't mean he can't be a success at Arsenal. We saw his quality at Atletico he was incredible.

It's not even United's fault he's struggling. Top level athlete's are never going to get back to the level that they were at after an ACL injury especially given the severity of the one Falcao had. I don't think he's helped himself by coming to a quicker and more competitive league than he would have been playing in in France, but he'll never get back to anywhere near the level that he was at in the 12-13 season, certainly not within a year or two anyway.

You'd be foolish to sign Falcao.
Aguero> Real madrid

Benzema> Arsenal

Tbh I can't be arsed with transfer windows, don't know why I still bother. What will be will be.
Reply 156
Jolly good banter. This summer they'll get De Gea and potentially Pogba (might get a backup ST too).

A better striker and they have a GOAT front 3. They have money, City need money. Only reason against it is if they're worried about his injuries.
Reply 157
Aguero> Real madrid

Benzema> Arsenal

Tbh I can't be arsed with transfer windows, don't know why I still bother. What will be will be.

I agree, Benzema is better than Arsenal
Original post by difeo
I agree, Benzema is better than Arsenal

:lol: typical really.
Liverpool to make £30m offer for Tevez.

Quote me.

Latest