2.2:1?
    2.27:1 will just depend on graph reading but hopefully we're right

ReputationRep:
    I did essay 1, wrote about
    Taxis and kinesis
    Homeostasis - temperature/blood pH and pressure
    Immune system
    Migration of birds
    Feedback mechanisms - the testosterone from earlier in the paper lol, oestrus cycle and something else

Wrote about 6 pages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JulietR)
    I got 1:0.44 as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yay! Hopefully it's right!

ReputationRep:
    Ugh hated that exam, I knew nothing about antibodies <.<

For essay though, I picked the first one though I'm not sure if they're right and did:

- Homeostasis (Glucose/Temperature)
    - Positive feedback (Menstrual cycle/Blood clotting)
    - Taxis and Kinesis
    - Tropism
    - Reflex arc

Good bye uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Regina15)
    What did people include in their essays(internal/external)? I hate 'importance of' questions.
    I wrote about reflex arcs and the importance (avoiding harmful stimuli), thermoregulation and importance of that for enzymes, blood pH maintenance via gaseous exchange and importance of that for enzymes, immune response and importance of that in not getting ill (an invading pathogen is a change in the internal environment) and I wrote a little bit on glucoregulation then ran out of time

ReputationRep:
    You must have written loads!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It sounds it but no :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyT997)
    2.27:1 will just depend on graph reading but hopefully we're right
    I got 2.27

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DecantedOrange)
    2.2:1?
    me and my friends got 2.2:1

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely loved that paper! 3 marks on DNA methylation and 3 marks on Pacinian corpuscle etc...
    For the ratio I put something like 118:53, I left it as a whole number ratio but you don't have to, that would be the same as 2.2:1 or 1:0.45 for anyone who put those

ReputationRep:
    Overall I thought it was okay, not too bad and not too good…

ReputationRep:
    Temperature regulation as this affects enzymes in respiration etc
    Control of heart rate due to changes in blood pressure etc
    Osmoregulation in the kidney to prevent dehydration
    How haemoglobin dissociation changes in different parts of the body depending on changes in partial pressure of oxygen

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did...

chemoreceptors/baroreceptors (control of heart rate)
    temperature - ectotherms (behaviour) and endotherms (hypothalmus) as it may effect enzymes
    glucose control (glycogenolysis, gluconeogenesis)
    global warming (melt of ice caps = flooding = loss of finance for farming)
    extra knowledge - psychology exogenous zeitgebers/endogenous pacemakers and sleep wake cycle

ReputationRep:
    I've never had to "suggest" so many things in my life...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smoothER)
    I wrote about reflex arcs and the importance (avoiding harmful stimuli), thermoregulation and importance of that for enzymes, blood pH maintenance via gaseous exchange and importance of that for enzymes, immune response and importance of that in not getting ill (an invading pathogen is a change in the internal environment) and I wrote a little bit on glucoregulation then ran out of time
    Oh reflex arcs, I was going to right about that too but ran out of time as well:/

ReputationRep:
    For essay a) (did anyone actually do b)? I'm interested) I wrote about temperature regulation, blood glucose, stomata closing in response to external conditions/photorespiration, phototropism, and for some reason, the regulation of CoA biosynthesis to illustrate feedback inhibition of enzymes..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SandyMan)
    Th reason why the grade boundaries are so low is because the mark scheme is strictatat
    what are the grade boundaries ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by talkbiology)
    I absolutely loved that paper! 3 marks on DNA methylation and 3 marks on Pacinian corpuscle etc...
    For the ratio I put something like 118:53, I left it as a whole number ratio but you don't have to, that would be the same as 2.2:1 or 1:0.45 for anyone who put those
    I got 118:53 as well... I had a heart attack seeing everyone else put 2.2:1

ReputationRep:
    Think that was ok!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah_7)
    yay! Hopefully it's right!
    Ratios have to be something; 1 as you have to divide by the smaller number not the larger one

ReputationRep:
    Judging from past mark schemes on ratio questions you can leave it as a whole number ratio or cancel it down to make either of the numbers 1 or basically whatever as long as it is a mathematically correct ratio
    (Original post by Bustamove)
    I got 118:53 as well... I had a heart attack seeing everyone else put 2.2:1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by talkbiology)
    For essay a) (did anyone actually do b)? I'm interested) I wrote about temperature regulation, blood glucose, stomata closing in response to external conditions/photorespiration, phototropism, and for some reason, the regulation of CoA biosynthesis to illustrate feedback inhibition of enzymes..
    I did B! Topics I did where:

Tumour supressor genes + proto-onco genes
    Oestrogen and transcriptional factors
    Control of Oestrus cycle (feedback loops)
    Speciation + selection

Anyone else do B?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.