The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biology BIOL5 - 17th June 2015

### GRADE BOUNDARIES###

67 - A*
62 - A
58 - B
54 - C

Good morning/afternoon/evening/night to all A2 Biology students :smile:
Following on from Unit 4, here is a thread dedicated to BIOL 5 (2015) , which is to take place..... today! Good luck my friends

Feel free to post specific questions which you need answering, revision tips or indeed general discussion about the exam.

A reminder of the topics:
Response to Stimuli
Coordination
Muscle contraction
Homeostasis
Feedback Mechanisms
Genetic control of protein
Gene expression
DNA technology

And the 25 mark synoptic essay

If you have any useful links feel free to post them
http://www.aqa.org.uk
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1919465

Someone posted notes on unit 5 on this thread.
Just showing instead of copying and pasting the links so you can rep them for giving it(:
tumblr_m7dvkz9ztb1rnvwt1.gif

biol5!
Reply 3
Liking BIOL5 at the moment but cant deny that its tricky
On the last chapter on DNA technology for this unit at our college. Going quite well at the moment...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really enjoying unit 5, got some good content, especially neurons
Reply 6
Original post by Januu Dolly
On the last chapter on DNA technology for this unit at our college. Going quite well at the moment...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last chapter, wtf? we've got feedback, oestrogen to do. We have one more lesson on muscles before we finish & we're 1/4 through DNA tech
Original post by Hudl
Last chapter, wtf? we've got feedback, oestrogen to do. We have one more lesson on muscles before we finish & we're 1/4 through DNA tech

Hahaa we have two teachers. One is going through unit 4 & isas. And the other is doing unit 5 :smile: we are half way through inheritance and half way through DNA tech. Its quite good because it means we can start revision earlier :wink:
So far we've done chapter 14-16 ie genetic control of protein structure and function, control of gene expression and DNA technology...

Oh my gosh, DNA technology is sooooooooooo boring...or is it just me? xD
I think I would be more interested in muscle contraction and homoeostasis?
Original post by Makashima
So far we've done chapter 14-16 ie genetic control of protein structure and function, control of gene expression and DNA technology...

Oh my gosh, DNA technology is sooooooooooo boring...or is it just me? xD
I think I would be more interested in muscle contraction and homoeostasis?

Hahaa I agree! DNA can be sooooo very boring!! ;D muscle contraction and homeostasis is soooo much more interesting. But I do also like all the nerves stuff :smile: that's pretty cool xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaa I agree! DNA can be sooooo very boring!! ;D muscle contraction and homeostasis is soooo much more interesting. But I do also like all the nerves stuff :smile: that's pretty cool xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

you done homoeostasis already?
Original post by Makashima
you done homoeostasis already?

Yeppp the only chapters we have left for A2 is inheritance in unit 4 and dna technology in unit 5 and we are already half way through both of them :wink: the perks of having two teachers teaching both units simultaneously comes handy :smile:
Yeppp the only chapters we have left for A2 is inheritance in unit 4 and dna technology in unit 5 and we are already half way through both of them :wink: the perks of having two teachers teaching both units simultaneously comes handy :smile:

Wooooooooow
Uh according to the teacher, we have 8 weeks left to do all the topics left
Actually 4 weeks because he said the empa will probably take 2 weeks :l
Do you get study leave?
Does anyone have the 2014 paper for bio 4 AQA?
Practically finished all the content in lessons now which I'm quite happy with as it gives us loads of revision time. Really stressing about the ISA though as it's always my weakest point :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Practically finished all the content in lessons now which I'm quite happy with as it gives us loads of revision time. Really stressing about the ISA though as it's always my weakest point :frown:

hey, what topics did you enjoy most from biol5? :smile:
Original post by plasmaman
hey, what topics did you enjoy most from biol5? :smile:

I LOVE muscles, nerves, the eye, most of the genetics. Actually I find most of the content really interesting! Unit 4 on the other hand, I find very very boring! You?
I enjoy unit 5 except from the genetics side. Who else is doing the EMPA? Any tips on how to prepare?
Reply 18
Original post by shatmypants
I enjoy unit 5 except from the genetics side. Who else is doing the EMPA? Any tips on how to prepare?

what topic is your EMPA on?
Original post by plasmaman
what topic is your EMPA on?

We havent been told yet. Will be doing it in Easter I think. What's yours on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest