The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DasSnipez
Found out yesterday that the mock viva is next week, real one the week after and the hand in the week after that.

Oh god I'm so not ready for this :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Just in case anyone would care to experience the inside of my brain right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqg3l3r_DRI

I don't know what I expected that link to hold.

Good luck with your busy schedule though!
Original post by DasSnipez
Found out yesterday that the mock viva is next week, real one the week after and the hand in the week after that.

Oh god I'm so not ready for this :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Just in case anyone would care to experience the inside of my brain right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqg3l3r_DRI

Perfect choice of link! Good luck with all the viva related stuff!!
If tonight/tomorrow goes well, I should have my first draft of my dissertation off to my tutor (which hopefully means that in a few weeks time I'll be able to say it's finito)!. Not gonna lie, it's been a struggle to do any uni work since I came back from Christmas. Like I've done SFA. But I'm feeling a lot happier now and therefore more motivated, if I can get through the next few weeks, then it'll all be over. Yay.

Definitely gonna start posting more here, I need to keep motivated and get into a steady, consistent way of working. I'm on the last stretch of my degree, I'm sitting on a solid 2:1 atm... don't want to **** up now.
Original post by Serentonin
Ahhhhh :woo: i take it its going well then? :colondollar: I'm so happy for you :biggrin:

Only just saw this. Yes it is :awesome:. He's amazing and more than I could have ever wished for :suith:. How are things with you? Fill me innnnnn, it's been ages since we last spoke :cry:.

PS: guys, I need help. I think I've just realised I just did the wrong degree. Should have done something design/computing based. So after a gap year, I might need to do another undergraduate degree. With no funding. Ahahhaha **** MY LIFE. Help me.
Original post by snailsareslimy
Only just saw this. Yes it is :awesome:. He's amazing and more than I could have ever wished for :suith:. How are things with you? Fill me innnnnn, it's been ages since we last spoke :cry:.

PS: guys, I need help. I think I've just realised I just did the wrong degree. Should have done something design/computing based. So after a gap year, I might need to do another undergraduate degree. With no funding. Ahahhaha **** MY LIFE. Help me.

I kind of agree, if i was better at maths i would have definitely done a degree in computer science although i am planning to learn how to code over summer. Well done on the solid 2:1 though, keep working and i'm positive that's what you'll end up with! Why do you want to do another undergraduate degree?
Just finished my dissertation's conclusion! I need to proofread it again tomorrow with fresh eyes, but it's otherwise done! Hurrah! Then to put it all together, get it bound and submitted. Wonderful!
Been so unmotivated to revise lately, first two exams on 28th and 29th this month and I really want to get a high B in both to compensate for some bad continuous assessment marks this semester. Then I have a huge break until 18th May so I have plenty of time for that but those first two are the big ones. I did reasonably well with last semester's exams and only revised a few days beforehand but I want to rely on pulling that off again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got two deadlines this week- one tomorrow and one Thursday. The one for tomorrow is so nearly done but I just feel crap atm so the motivation isn't there.
Btw does someone mind if I pm them a rant?
Original post by sliceofcake
Just finished my dissertation's conclusion! I need to proofread it again tomorrow with fresh eyes, but it's otherwise done! Hurrah! Then to put it all together, get it bound and submitted. Wonderful!

Congrats :smile: Remember to read it out loud ^_^
Going to have to do a student budget for the first time :erm:

Original post by jelly1000
Btw does someone mind if I pm them a rant?

Yeah sure :tongue:
Reading for the last essay. Wish my deadlines would have been spread out a bit more because I'm exhausted...
Original post by chickenonsteroids
Congrats :smile: Remember to read it out loud ^_^

You know, I printed the draft out yesterday and I thought that would be enough. I saw your comment this morning and decided to read it out loud and I found more to correct! So thank you!
Spent a long time on an application for a grad scheme only to do terribly at the numerical online tests so I doubt my application will be read. Very disheartening especially as I did spend time revising for the maths questions. Oh well.
Have been offered work as a lab assistant in a molecular medicine lab at Southampton university over summer :smile: also got 73 on a lab report of which I had no clue how to interpret.

In that respect, its been a good 2 days however my first exam are in a fortnight and I have no motivation to revise :sad:
goodness me, I was like two threads behind :laugh:

hey everyone :biggrin:
I'm picking my modules for next year tomorrow. :eek:

Hopefully I get the ones I want and then I won't have to do any statistics next year, the year after, or ever again in my life. :biggrin:
Beyond the point of exhaustion already and only 500 words into this essay. Just had a break as well. Wish there was there was the option to skip an assignment you physically couldn't handle.
are there any other students struggling to revise lol? at a-level i would be doing 6+ hours everyday for 1-2 months before exams, now i'm at uni and my exams are in 3-4 weeks i'm averaging an hour a day, this is not like me
Original post by jelly1000
Beyond the point of exhaustion already and only 500 words into this essay. Just had a break as well. Wish there was there was the option to skip an assignment you physically couldn't handle.

Oh dear :frown: I know the feeling, I think. It just feels there's no end in sight with it. I wish I could suggest something useful, but I usually just end up forcing myself to slog through. I always hope I'll get into it, but it's not always the case.

Original post by LeaX
are there any other students struggling to revise lol? at a-level i would be doing 6+ hours everyday for 1-2 months before exams, now i'm at uni and my exams are in 3-4 weeks i'm averaging an hour a day, this is not like me

I struggle to revise every single exam period. It always shocks me when GCSE and A Level students say stuff like 'is 12 hours a day enough? my exam is a million years away'. I usually don't revise until 1-2 weeks before the exam. I break up what I have into the time I have and work my way through, making small notes for each thing that I read back over every day. I'm useless at exams though, which is why I only give myself a short amount of time to revise, I'll forget otherwise. Maybe it's just finding a new way of revising that works for you?

I'm giving my dissertation one last final read. It's not due in for another 2 weeks but I have to print it tomorrow, then I'll start working on my last essay. Super paranoid about my dissertation. One minute I feel all my efforts deserve a first and the next I'm so sick of reading it that I can only see the criticism it could possibly receive. Just one more month to go now, ugh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending