The Student Room Group

Transcript of partially completed undergraduate degree course

Is it normal for a transcript to have no details of any marks or credit attained during an academic year if the student withdrew and left before the end of the academic year?
Reply 1
I successfully passed every module attempted in year 2 of my apprenticeship degree and was given a pass mark for each.

After ordering my transcript it arrived with no mention of my studies at level 5.

After speaking to the university, they have advised that credits are awarded at the end of the academic year and as a result of leaving the course early these pass marks and credits are essentially lost.

This seems unfair to me as I am unable to evidence studying at level 5 or prove I have credits.

Open university have advised that they award credits after the completion of each module. Is this standard practice for other universities?

Any relevant info or advice would be greatly appreciated.. I'm finding this all rather frustrating haha
Hi,

I'm unsure about this one but I assume its because your marks aren't final until they have gone to the exam board. So even if you have been given a grade by your lecturer for an assignment, its not official until the exam board reviews them at the end of the academic year and either agrees or changes your mark.

I'm not sure who else you could contact about this if you have already spoken to the university, you could try your local citizens advice?

-Victoria
Wrexham Uni Rep
Reply 3
Hi Victoria, thank you so much for your reply.

The course lead at the faculty stated that the board of examiners didn't award any credits at the end of the academic year.

Just a shame that there won't be any recognition of any type
Reply 4
I have spoken to a number of people now and the general consensus seems to be that my transcript should reflect the work iv completed, regardless of if I am given an certified award or not.

I think why I haven't received a straight answer from the faculty is because they probably should have put the work I completed, was marked and passed to the board of examiners to be verified.

As this has not happened, it's probably an unusual situation for them to resolve.

A simple way to sort it would be some kind of headed document outlining the details of what I completed, but this would probably still require some kind of verification.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending