The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Taure
Correction noted. I took a look at the Southampton website and you're right (in general, I don't trust wikis). I must have been thinking of a different university.

(It's a bit annoying actually, as I probably would have applied to Southampton if I knew this!)

I wrote that Wiki and I can assure you the info on there is correct, took me ages to research properly :smile: That and I've applied to Southampton with a non-Science degree :wink:
Reply 3241
why is medicine sooo competitive ????
Original post by miklc
The UKCAT had to be over 600 in all 4 sections, not just an average. Didn't see that anywhere, although they knew it because it was in the acknowledgement email.

Tbh, it's pretty well known that Imperial's one of the most competitive unis for Medicine so I'm surprised they only want above 600 in each of the 4 sections.
Reply 3243
Original post by winter_mute
I wouldn't say that. Just sitting the exam and seeing what it's like makes you more prepared for the real thing.

I know, I'm glad I took it really. I knew at the time that it was probably not going to get me anywhere except to prepare me for GAMSAT the following year.

I got rejections from Georges and Nottingham by email today :frown:

Yeah got my rejection from Notts too. Down to Swansea and Newcastle now.
Original post by name42
why is medicine sooo competitive ????

Because they want the most academically competent to become doctors. Mainly due to that pesky thing of being responsible for people's wellbeing and lives :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Shocking interview, absolutely shocking. :frown:
Original post by apotoftea

Where? Was it a grilling or did you just not feel you answered well?

:frown: On the flip side, if it went really easily I'd be more worried. It's supposed to grill you!
Original post by sweetchilli
Where? Was it a grilling or did you just not feel you answered well?

Job interview rather than uni. Utter grilling, well it felt like it anyway.

:frown: On the flip side, if it went really easily I'd be more worried. It's supposed to grill you!

True but even so. Meh.
A little off topic I know, but I thought you guys might like to see this:

It's a snippet from a documentary by Adam Curtis (IMO the best socio-economic documentary journalist alive today) on how New labour Targets culture ruined hospitals, or rather how NHS managers fiddled the system to keep their jobs:

Job interview rather than uni. Utter grilling, well it felt like it anyway.

True but even so. Meh.

Was that for the HCA job? I'm sure you'll get it potty. Just keep trying and you'll get what you want! :hugs:
Was that for the HCA job? I'm sure you'll get it potty. Just keep trying and you'll get what you want! :hugs:

Thanks :smile: Wonder why my last and your last post both got neg-repped? :s-smilie:
Thanks :smile: Wonder why my last and your last post both got neg-repped? :s-smilie:

i got neg repped for my one asking where you interview was for too?! :eek: Someone randomly neg repping? :rolleyes:
Original post by sweetchilli
i got neg repped for my one asking where you interview was for too?! :eek: Someone randomly neg repping? :rolleyes:

Weird. If my sub hadn't rub out I'd have known who it was :mad:
This whole negging thing is a bit pathetic. Who actually negs people? It's the internet for pete's sake
Reply 3255
Lol it's a farce.
hmmm I've been getting a spate of neg reps for the most innocuous things :/

They grilled me in my HCA interview aswell,

But i've got the art of talking **** and inventing stories in my head down perfectly. I was apparently one of the top interviewee's I was like get innn.... pity no medicine interviews this year :mad:

You probably did fine. What type of stuff did they ask?

Edit: Bring on negs you bunch of butthurt phaggots.

Original post by Hantheman
This whole negging thing is a bit pathetic. Who actually negs people? It's the internet for pete's sake

Tempted to neg for this comment.... internets is serious business bro.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3258
Hey guys

Wondering if any of you know of anywhere to apply for help funding grad entry medicine? I've looked up student loans and NHS bursaries and I've been steadily saving but I think I'm still going to be about £8k short :frown: I'm also going to investigate bank loans, but I was wondering if there were any other options?
Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to everyone! Have a good one! Eve. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending