The Student Room Group

The Shakespeare Society

Scroll to see replies

silence
in titus andronicus last night, some characters were singing that song "heeey, heeeeey baby, oooh, aah! i wanna knooooow, if you'll be my girl" but with the lyrics slightly changed (to something like heeey saturninus, ooh, ahh, i wanna knoooow, if you're touching goth?!). that was interesting.

I saw Romeo and Juliet last year and they used that Basement Jaxx song Romeo..:p: This was the same play where the balcony scene feautured no balcony, just two mobile phones and lots of texting..Still not sure if I liked that bit or not!
You guys I just did my Othello exam and I totally bombed!
Anyone else just do that A2 Eng - it was edexcel I think.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Jess xxx
Reply 402
Blu-Tack Jess
You guys I just did my Othello exam and I totally bombed!
Anyone else just do that A2 Eng - it was edexcel I think.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Jess xxx

U is not the only one - bad news :mad: - very hard questions..
Kieny
U is not the only one - bad news :mad: - very hard questions..

Lol - did you do that question about how shakespeare portrays a world of moral chaos where love is more destructive then hate? I cpuld do the 2nd part, but it wasnt untill AFTER the exam I could answer the 1st part - sods law huh?

Jess xxx
Reply 404
My shakespeareness is getting hardcore..

20th june is taming of the shrew (missing england game!), 23rd is msnd, 25th is anthony and cleo - the latter at the lgobe and the other two in regents pk open air theatre. Msnd should be amazing; set in royal park and acted in one.. A fantastic parallel maybe opening the door for metatheatricality to some extent.
silence
My shakespeareness is getting hardcore..

20th june is taming of the shrew (missing england game!), 23rd is msnd, 25th is anthony and cleo - the latter at the lgobe and the other two in regents pk open air theatre. Msnd should be amazing; set in royal park and acted in one.. A fantastic parallel maybe opening the door for metatheatricality to some extent.

Ok - I know this is the Shakespeare soc, and I'm probably gonna get boo-ed 4this, but msnd? Clarify please! lol
Jess xxx
Reply 406
A midsummers nights dream??
StaceYY
A midsummers nights dream??

Lol - cheers Stace :cheers:
I thought of that literally 5 minutes after I pressed post! :hmpf:

See you monday - Jess xxx
Reply 408
I was trying to work out MSND as well, and I'm supposed to know stuff about Shakespeare.
Silence - rather impressed by the hardcore Shakey, I was doing something similar with opera a few weeks ago - La Rondine on the Thursday, Marriage of Figaro on the Friday, and Arms and the Cow on the Saturday (the group doing them was only in Sheffield for those three nights). Having been to the opera three nights running, I decided I rather liked my life.
Going back to Shakesapeare, I'm going to Stratford in September. I'm not sure what I'm seeing, though - it's for a big family thing which was all arranged while I was away interrailing, so I missed out on all the details. But I'm really excited about it, since I haven't been there in ages and I wanted to see at least some of the Complete Works stuff. So huzzah.
Hey guys - ne1 online at the mo?
Reply 410
Blu-Tack Jess
Hey guys - ne1 online at the mo?

What a strange question?!?! :smile:
Kieny
What a strange question?!?! :smile:

I know!! :p:

I really want to be able to go see something in Stratford. Only ever been to see something there once and that was Twelfth Night last summer..did anyone see that? It was simply fantastic. I loved the floating music stands and the vertical boat suspended in the air and then rowed row to the stage. :biggrin: Bring on September and a university much closer that my current home!!
You guys what is wrong with my last question?

How is it strange? - If someone else is online then we couldve struck up a conversation. Sociable much? :p:
lol - Good luck to those with exams still...

Jess xxx
Reply 413
Blu-Tack Jess
You guys what is wrong with my last question?

How is it strange? - If someone else is online then we couldve struck up a conversation. Sociable much? :p:
lol - Good luck to those with exams still...

Jess xxx

Soz didnt mean offence - u didn't reply tho :frown: Hehe :p:

Still got 4 exams left!! :confused: Surely i must be the person with most left - anyone know otherwise?
Kieny
Soz didnt mean offence - u didn't reply tho :frown: Hehe :p:

Still got 4 exams left!! :confused: Surely i must be the person with most left - anyone know otherwise?

Thats OK, I forgive you on account of my fabulous grace and kindness :wink:
Dont get yourself too down, my mate has 4 left aussi - good luck! :biggrin:
Jess xxx
Reply 415
Blu-Tack Jess
Thats OK, I forgive you on account of my fabulous grace and kindness :wink:
Dont get yourself too down, my mate has 4 left aussi - good luck! :biggrin:
Jess xxx

Well - i dont know what to say. Grace and kindness of this stature and degree i have never experianced in my whole life. I am lost for words at your benevolence .. my words fail me :p: :wink:

Thnx for the luck - i will seriously need it considering the forthcoming Chemsitry Synoptic - which in my humble opinion is the singlemost difficult paper, of the hardest subject in the world :confused: :frown:
Kieny
Well - i dont know what to say. Grace and kindness of this stature and degree i have never experianced in my whole life. I am lost for words at your benevolence .. my words fail me :p: :wink:

Thnx for the luck - i will seriously need it considering the forthcoming Chemsitry Synoptic - which in my humble opinion is the singlemost difficult paper, of the hardest subject in the world :confused: :frown:

Um...Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there?
Lol - Chemistry? :eek: It certainly sound like the worst subject in the world - bar physics of course.

Jess xxx
Madelyn
Going back to Shakesapeare, I'm going to Stratford in September. I'm not sure what I'm seeing, though - it's for a big family thing which was all arranged while I was away interrailing, so I missed out on all the details. But I'm really excited about it, since I haven't been there in ages and I wanted to see at least some of the Complete Works stuff. So huzzah.

Aw, if you're up in September you should try and see Cymbeline. It's being done by Kneehigh, the Cornish touring company who did Tristan and Iseult at the National last summer. I can't wait to see what they do with it.

I want to stay in Stratford all summer, though: they have so much amazing stuff on in the complete works season. I saw the Ninagawa Titus Andronicus there last week and it was mind-blowing. The sort of theatre where you walk out and you feel almost assaulted - and you're still trying to take it all in.
Reply 418
There was a guy on the Culture Show last night who attempted to see all 37 Shakespeare plays in a month, and he succeeded! Really cool :biggrin:
Reply 419
zigguratted
Aw, if you're up in September you should try and see Cymbeline. It's being done by Kneehigh, the Cornish touring company who did Tristan and Iseult at the National last summer. I can't wait to see what they do with it.

I want to stay in Stratford all summer, though: they have so much amazing stuff on in the complete works season. I saw the Ninagawa Titus Andronicus there last week and it was mind-blowing. The sort of theatre where you walk out and you feel almost assaulted - and you're still trying to take it all in.

I know what you mean about spending all summer in Stratford, but I'm going to Edinburgh, which I thik is the next best thing. And I'll be in London from September, so it'll be theatre every night. For a week, after which I'll realise that my lifestyle is unsustainable and I'll probably be a bit theatred out (dread thought).
Ooh, I'd love to see Cymbeline, if it's on when I'm there I might try and get a return, which I'm definitely trying to do for Much Ado. And Kneehigh are usually amazing - I think they were involved in Nights at the Circus, which I loved. Apparently we've got tickets for Troilus and Cressida, which I've already seen (I love being able to say that!) and which isn't a terribly good play.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending