The Student Room Group

Maths Uni Chat

Scroll to see replies

Sorry I gotta post this somewhere.

http://www.cs.brown.edu/courses/csci0160/

I would definitely take that class.
It just occured to me that when handing in keys without telling them what room I was in e.t.c. then it would be impossible for them to work out what room I was in hence put the key back in the correct place. But, lol it was the receptionist fault and can't be bothered to go back and do it again, so lol. But, hmmm I did actually hand in the key.
Reply 2802
****, didn't get the step easter school placement.

During the discussion part of the interview we were looking for more awareness of Widening Participation and more elaborate answers

it's hard to show your awareness of Widening Participation when you weren't asked anything about it...

oh well.
Reply 2803
around
****, didn't get the step easter school placement.

Gutted. Hopefully Chewwy will still do it so we still have one TSRian there.
around
it's hard to show your awareness of Widening Participation when you weren't asked anything about it...

This STEP selection process like utter *****.
Do you have a rough idea of the numnber who aploied?
Reply 2806
Had a great tutorial. :h: I love John Jones. He lets us bitch about the Chinese bint and does nice maths :h:. Although he did basically say all our foundation marks were crap. :colonhash: (Admittedly, they were.)
Hathlan
Had a great tutorial. :h: I love John Jones. He lets us bitch about the Chinese bint and does nice maths :h:. Although he did basically say all our foundation marks were crap. :colonhash: (Admittedly, they were.)

where the banj are you? I've been in Linux for the past 40 mins.
Reply 2808
Totally Tom
where the banj are you? I've been in Linux for the past 40 mins.

Linux for what? :wizard2:
v-zero
Linux for what? :wizard2:

Linux is a computer room in Warwick with only linux computers. As lol, you get some sad geeks that use linux. Well, atleast its better than using a mac.
Reply 2810
Simplicity
As lol, you get some sad geeks that use linux.

Totally Tom got Totally Told. :woo:
Reply 2811
Simplicity
Linux is a computer room in Warwick with only linux computers. As lol, you get some sad geeks that use linux. Well, atleast its better than using a mac.

I see. GNU/Linux is awesome, and Mac OS is a fantastic BSD derivative also. The only reason Windows gets a look in is thanks originally to IBM, to be honest.
v-zero
I see. GNU/Linux is awesome, and Mac OS is a fantastic BSD derivative also. The only reason Windows gets a look in is thanks originally to IBM, to be honest.

Lol,. linux is a failure. Mac OS is stupid, they make computers for people who shouldn't be using a computer. Mostly, people who want to look cool and lol think photoshop is a game.
Reply 2813
Simplicity
Lol,. linux is a failure. Mac OS is stupid, they make computers for people who shouldn't be using a computer. Mostly, people who want to look cool and lol think photoshop is a game.

Wow, you truly are misinformed...
Question: what courses are people considering taking next year.
Simplicity
Lol,. linux is a failure.

Lol, I'd like to hear some reasons for why you think so, since your explanation for Macs being "stupid" was so convincing :hugwings:
Glutamic Acid
Question: what courses are people considering taking next year.

Just as much pure as I can (so integration, group theory, etc) and coupled with caluclus of variations and multivariable calculus [which are supposedyl insanely easy]. Looking at 1 or 2 third year courses to take ut undecided as of yet.

Yourself?
Reply 2817
Methods (Notes only, not lectures)
Analysis II (Notes only, not lectures)
Markov Chains
Quantum Mechanics
Fluid Dynamics (see how long that lasts)

Electromagnetism (probably not for long)
Numerical Analysis (again, perhaps)
Statistics (compulsory)
Geometry
Fluid Dynamics (if I last that long)
Next year,

Hmm, lol only get a choice in second term of second year.

But, hmmm, might try and take QM in first term.

But, lol next year

Hmm,

. Metric spaces
. Calculus of several variables
. Algebraic structures 2
. Introduction to Geometry
. Propositional logic
. Classical mechanics

Hmm, I guess that is okay.
I'ma do a 10 credit business/accounting module from business school.
Then erm logic/financial maths/Discrete maths/Alg structures 2/ and something else I think is the plan.

Quick Reply

Latest