The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Overslept my exam. Help!

I’m resitting GCSE maths and need a grade 7 to get into my firm uni. Paper 3 was on wednesday and i overslept my exam.

I spoke to my lecturer and he said they’ll just judge my grade from the 2 papers i have done and won’t get a resit as it’s not a good enough excuse. I need advice. What do i do???

My insurance, UEA, needs a 5 to get in and i might get that from the 2 papers alone. Do i take a gap year and resit it to get a higher grade and then go for the bigger unis or just deal w it and hope i get a 5 for my insurance?
Reply 1
Contact UEA - but 'I overslept' is not likely to impress.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Contact UEA - but 'I overslept' is not likely to impress.

My firm is Leeds which requires a 7 which i’m pretty sure isn’t possible with 2 papers on how i went. That’s why im on about UEA as i could get a 5. Do i still contact them?
Original post by JPF6
I’m resitting GCSE maths and need a grade 7 to get into my firm uni. Paper 3 was on wednesday and i overslept my exam.

I spoke to my lecturer and he said they’ll just judge my grade from the 2 papers i have done and won’t get a resit as it’s not a good enough excuse. I need advice. What do i do???

My insurance, UEA, needs a 5 to get in and i might get that from the 2 papers alone. Do i take a gap year and resit it to get a higher grade and then go for the bigger unis or just deal w it and hope i get a 5 for my insurance?

Hi there @JPF6,

Firstly, congratulations on your offer to study with us! Understandably, it is easy to panic when something like this happens but there are a few options that may help you. You could talk to your teachers about the possibility of retaking the paper, and then looking into Clearing as we, at UEA, have plenty of spaces offered. You can find out more about your clearing options here. It is also worth chatting to our Admissions team as they are super friendly and knowledgeable so can help to outline your options! You can contact them using our live chat feature on our website here or email them at [email protected].

I hope this helps! Best of luck on results day,
Isabella (MSc Brand Leadership)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending