The Student Room Group

Thinking of doing optometry in university

I do maths, chemistry and biology and I’m predicted AAA. I’m currently thinking of doing optometry in university and I was wondering what the course is like? Does it have a lot of coursework, is it hard to adjust to from a level, what does the course entail I did check the course details but I’m still unsure, is there a lot of calculations from maths and physics, Is there a lot of workload and hard work that needs to put in? Do people who do a optometry degree have a social life? I’ve been stressing about what I wanna do and I’ve been going back and forth between chemistry so If I get answers to these questions I Might finally be able to decide what I want to do.
Original post by cndndtdjd
I do maths, chemistry and biology and I’m predicted AAA. I’m currently thinking of doing optometry in university and I was wondering what the course is like? Does it have a lot of coursework, is it hard to adjust to from a level, what does the course entail I did check the course details but I’m still unsure, is there a lot of calculations from maths and physics, Is there a lot of workload and hard work that needs to put in? Do people who do a optometry degree have a social life? I’ve been stressing about what I wanna do and I’ve been going back and forth between chemistry so If I get answers to these questions I Might finally be able to decide what I want to do.

Sorry it's been a while since you posted and you've not received a reply. :smile:

I think a lot of your questions could be answered if you attend a uni open day and attend the course talk, and talk to staff and current students. If not, try contacting current students on the unibuddy ('chat with a student') system on some uni websites.

Quick Reply

Latest