The Student Room Group

What Uni Course Should I study?

So, um, I can't decide what I want to study at uni. I was thinking either studying PPE or History and Politics or some other social science related degree. But I just need a bit of help deciding.

I'm currently in year 12 studying History, Politics, Maths and Philosophy so I think my subjects are good for any course I might want to study.
Reply 1
Have a look at this list of subjects from Sussex Uni - lots of social science courses, with some interesting joint subject combos.
Look at all /anything that looks interesting - most will not need any specific A level subjects, just three grades.
American Studies, Anthropology, History and ....., Philosophy and ...., etc etc : https://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/
Original post by Iced_Tea
So, um, I can't decide what I want to study at uni. I was thinking either studying PPE or History and Politics or some other social science related degree. But I just need a bit of help deciding.

I'm currently in year 12 studying History, Politics, Maths and Philosophy so I think my subjects are good for any course I might want to study.

Start attending uni open days and listen to different subject talks, and chat to staff and students. It really helps to narrow down options.
Original post by Iced_Tea

Hi :biggrin:

It is neither easy nor quick choice we are talking about :s-smilie: Fortunately, it is not impossible to make it. Give yourself enough time and reflect in-depth, as you are about to make one of the most important decisions in your life - about your future!

Being aware of the problem's universality, I committed a few hours to brainstorm and put together a comprehensive guide with the most effective advice on how to choose the right course when you do not have an idea or have to many, and how to decide on the best university. Additionally, I included real-life examples and what not to do sections to give you the best possible support. I do recommend it, and not because I wrote it (:tongue:), but because it will definitely be a great help!

Fingers crossed for you :wink: Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. You can also chat with me and other student ambassadors through The Ambassador Platform.

Julia :colondollar:
Psychology student
De Montfort University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending