The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton Parks at night

I was in Southampton today and heard on the radio that 2 people (I think Uni students) were attacked and 1 robbed in seperate incidents this week.

To those new to the area, the parks around the town centre are notorious for crime in the evenings and you would be mad to walk through them alone at night.

Not trying to scare ya, but just a valuable tip. There have been a lot of sexual assaults/assaults/robberies in this parks in the evenings.

Obviously you'll be drunk and get raped anyway, but don;t say I didn;t warn you!! :wink:
Do you mean parts of the common?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
That common is pretty big tbh.
Reply 3
No, the parks in and around town - the one next to the old old Nationwide building is the most notorious - but yea the parks all around town - the ones between Solent Uni and the High Street and going towards Debenhams
one of the main reasons i didnt go to southampton :biggrin:
Yes i got this email today about it:

Subject: STUDENT ALERT!

Following reports of a robbery and an attempted robbery in a city centre park this weekend, we would like to remind staff and students to be especially conscious of their personal safety when out at night in the city. The two reported incidents took place in Palmerston Park late on Sunday night and in the early hours of Monday, and the police would like to speak to anyone who may have witnessed them.

It's fine as long as you stay away!
Reply 6
Yeah, stay clear of the parks people! Late evening in the common isn't probably the nicest place either. But I'm sure this isn't Southampton specific. Stay in well lit, busy areas if you have to walk home late at night. :smile:
Oh and you'll note I'm a fresher who seems to know far too much - was a local until about 3 months ago. ^_^
Yeah, just use your brain and youll be fine!
Reply 8
I'm from Luton, I can handle it :p:
Thanks for the tip though.
Sh4w
I'm from Luton, I can handle it
Thanks for the tip though.
This guy knows what he's talking about.

Latest

Trending

Trending