The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL accommodation urgent

Hi guys I’m looking for a room near university college London. Please let me know of any accommodation with no more than £150/week rent.

My two priorities are my budget and it should be in walking distance to university. I know it’s hard to fund an accommodation that offers both these but I’d be very grateful if you let me know. Thanks.
£150 a week and within walking distance to UCL are mutually exclusive. I don't even think you can find student accommodation for that price anywhere in London! Sorry, you're going to need to adjust your expectations or budget :frown:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
£150 a week and within walking distance to UCL are mutually exclusive. I don't even think you can find student accommodation for that price anywhere in London! Sorry, you're going to need to adjust your expectations or budget :frown:

For my undergrad I have lived in accommodations with £120/week. Even during my masters year 1 I lived in uni halls which was £140/week. So now I can’t seem to find one within this range
Original post by Anonymous
For my undergrad I have lived in accommodations with £120/week. Even during my masters year 1 I lived in uni halls which was £140/week. So now I can’t seem to find one within this range

Did you do your undergraduate in London?
Reply 4
Original post by Scotland Yard
Did you do your undergraduate in London?

Yes
Hi guys I’m looking for a room near university college London. Please let me know of any accommodation with no more than £150/week rent.

My two priorities are my budget and it should be in walking distance to university. I know it’s hard to fund an accommodation that offers both these but I’d be very grateful if you let me know. Thanks.

Honestly all the uni halls I saw advertised at the start of the year for UCL that were even within 20 minutes walking distance were all over that. For context, the room you are looking for is cheaper than where I live...in Southampton (frankly I can't even find anywhere in central London cheaper than my place in Southampton plus the cost of my season ticket - my best bets are places further out requiring a 30+ min tube commute usually).

But you are looking for that in central London!

I think as above you have basically zero chance of finding somewhere on that budget in that area. I mean, I've seen parking spaces that cost more than that in the area!!
Yes

Recently...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending