The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Freshers fancy dress events

Wassup,

I was just wondering what fancy dress costumes I should prepare for the Southampton freshers week. The only two I'm aware of is a "anything but clothes" party organised by my halls JCR and a "Neon Rave", which I assume I'll need plenty of bright, glowing lights for?

What are you all taking?

Also, will there be opportunities to purchase fancy dress stuff from the students union or will I have to get the uni-link into the city and hunt for it myself? (If that's the case, I bloody hope I find someone who knows the city to come with me lol)
Hi Cadge! The only one I can think of is school disco! So just bring an old school tie or something...thats a fairly classic fresher fancy dress event, although seeing as youve only just left school, I dont really know why! Hehe.

There are places to get fancy dress in town, youll probably find that your flatmates need to get some, so theyll trek with you (ask someone how to get to Just For Fun in the city centre!) - sadly the union doesnt sell fancy dress...there are a few items in the union shop, but at this time in the year, it will probably be heaving...

hope that helps :smile:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
jonnythemoose
Hi Cadge! The only one I can think of is school disco! So just bring an old school tie or something...thats a fairly classic fresher fancy dress event, although seeing as youve only just left school, I dont really know why! Hehe.

There are places to get fancy dress in town, youll probably find that your flatmates need to get some, so theyll trek with you (ask someone how to get to Just For Fun in the city centre!) - sadly the union doesnt sell fancy dress...there are a few items in the union shop, but at this time in the year, it will probably be heaving...

hope that helps :smile:

Nice one, cheers

Latest

Trending

Trending