The Student Room Group

Meet?

Since I've seen it mentioned a few times around these parts in recent days, I thought it would make sense to stick a poll up and see which way the wind is blowing. I can't be bothered to stick a poll up, because they annoy me and whatnot, so just post suggestions for an evening (or a day during a weekend, I suppose) when you might be able to drag yourselves along to meet people from the internet :tongue:

It's probably for the best to avoid first week, tbh - it's too close and there's still bound to be a lot on.

Anyway, post, and I'll update this first post accordingly.

Sunday of second week (i.e. 18th October) is currently looking popular

Scroll to see replies

If we're talking 2nd week, I can't do Mon-Weds (orchestra, music society concert and essay crisis). I also can't do Friday (my bday :awesome: ) or Saturday.

I'm clearly just being difficult so everyone else pick a day and I'll see what I can do :biggrin:
Reply 2
The_Lonely_Goatherd
If we're talking 2nd week, I can't do Mon-Weds (orchestra, music society concert and essay crisis). I also can't do Friday (my bday :awesome: ) or Saturday.

I'm clearly just being difficult so everyone else pick a day and I'll see what I can do :biggrin:

Seeing as you've NEVER BEEN TO A MEET, I'm determined to organise this one so that you actually turn up :tongue:
Reply 3
cpchem
Since I've seen it mentioned a few times around these parts in recent days, I thought it would make sense to stick a poll up and see which way the wind is blowing. I can't be bothered to stick a poll up, because they annoy me and whatnot, so just post suggestions for an evening (or a day during a weekend, I suppose) when you might be able to drag yourselves along to meet people from the internet :tongue:

It's probably for the best to avoid first week, tbh - it's too close and there's still bound to be a lot on.

Anyway, post, and I'll update this first post accordingly.

I have no idea what i'm doing in this thread but it's scary how accurately your sig describes my work habits :zomg:
cpchem
Seeing as you've NEVER BEEN TO A MEET, I'm determined to organise this one so that you actually turn up

:biggrin:

To be fair, if it's an evening event that's going on til late I can always swing by after music stuff on the Mon and Tues. Def can't do the Weds, Fri or Sat though :smile:
Reply 5
Wait, sorry, I'm supposed to know what I'm doing in second week? I barely know what I'm doing tomorrow...But I reckon the latter half of the week would be better, seeing as I've ended up with a schedule meaning I have a worksheet, a presentation and an essay in each week on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, with only an hour of contact time on Thursday.

In short, Thursday sounds fine to me, though I haven't had all the details of the millions of societies I signed up to yet so I can't be sure.
Am up for a meet and I think I'm not too fussy about time, though evening would be better generally.
Not bothered when, tbh. I too do not have any idea what I'm doing 2nd week. I would probably prefer early evening-ish though, if we could sort out that kinda time. :dontknow:
I have essays due on Fridays, but depending on how organised I am at the time, I could probably do a Thursday.
Reply 9
I'm an MPhil student. Therefore I have nothing planned for most of the next year.
Reply 10
I can probably do most evenings except Monday. If people are tending towards Thursday I wouldn't be free until after 6pm, but that would be fine I expect.
thursday of 2nd isn't great for me, but since it seems to be better for most other people i'll hopefully be able to drag myself along. the only day i really can't do in second week is, i think, monday.
Reply 12
I'd prefer a weekend day.
Reply 13
Teebs
I'd prefer a weekend day.

As would I, in truth.
weekend's better for me too.
Reply 15
I don't have a clue what i'm doing but ill try to come. I think there is a football meet on 18th but i may be wrong (this is in london)
What about the Sunday after matriculation?
Reply 17
Not been before, but will definitely come along if I'm free.
Is matriculation Sat of 2nd? Sun of 3rd should be fine by me :yes:
Reply 19
I can't do Sun of 3rd, I'm meeting a friend in London.

Edit: Wait I might be getting week names mixed up. Just to be clear its the 25th of October I can't do.

Latest

Trending

Trending