The Student Room Group

Physician Associate Studies at Worcester University

I applied for the Msc in Physician associate studies and the university has rejected my application based on the fact I do not meet the entry requirements when I do ?

I’m quite confused, can anyone shed light on this. I’ve triple checked the application I sent in and my grades are correct and meet the requirements so is it a case of they just didn’t think I was a suitable candidate ?

Thanks !
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Scienceloser01
I applied for the Msc in Physician associate studies and the university has rejected my application based on the fact I do not meet the entry requirements when I do ?

I’m quite confused, can anyone shed light on this. I’ve triple checked the application I sent in and my grades are correct and meet the requirements so is it a case of they just didn’t think I was a suitable candidate ?

Thanks !

Only the university can answer this. It maybe you were rejected as they have better candidates. The only way to find out is to ring them after the new year.
Original post by swanseajack1
Only the university can answer this. It maybe you were rejected as they have better candidates. The only way to find out is to ring them after the new year.

Thanks for your response! Going to do this in the new year as my academic requirements match up with what they were asking for.
Hi, I've moved your thread to the healthcare forum - the medicine forum is just for queries about medical degrees :smile:

As above your best bet is to contact the uni to check. Do you also meet their work experience and fitness to practice requirements? As it may be that.

Also check to make sure you meet any GCSE requirements - these are normally "hard" requirements and university wide, so if they require e.g. all students have at least 5 in GCSE English and Maths you'd definitely either need that or be resitting and have the resits declared on your UCAS application as a new qualification with a pending grade.
Original post by artful_lounger
Hi, I've moved your thread to the healthcare forum - the medicine forum is just for queries about medical degrees :smile:

As above your best bet is to contact the uni to check. Do you also meet their work experience and fitness to practice requirements? As it may be that.

Also check to make sure you meet any GCSE requirements - these are normally "hard" requirements and university wide, so if they require e.g. all students have at least 5 in GCSE English and Maths you'd definitely either need that or be resitting and have the resits declared on your UCAS application as a new qualification with a pending grade.

Hi, thank you for doing that !

I meet the degree, gcse and work experience requirements and I even have a DBS on the update service. Hence my confusion on why they rejected me on the basis of not meeting academic requirements.

If this is a ‘mistake’ by the university for example is this reversible at all ? 😭
Original post by Scienceloser01
Hi, thank you for doing that !

I meet the degree, gcse and work experience requirements and I even have a DBS on the update service. Hence my confusion on why they rejected me on the basis of not meeting academic requirements.

If this is a ‘mistake’ by the university for example is this reversible at all ? 😭

Definitely worth getting in touch with them.

It may be though that the mistake is they sent you the wrong explanation email for the rejection (e.g. you were still rejected but they actually meant to send you one saying it was due to other applicants being stronger/competition/etc).

However if the error was that they mistakenly believed you didn't meet the requirements, and you draw their attention to the fact you do, they may revisit it!

So bear in mind either outcome is possible but as above, do contact them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest