The Student Room Group

what should I do

so I've been mssging this guy on snap for 5 weeks now on and off and we have agreed to start dating and we both see each other being in a relationship later. after the first couple of days of us talking he asked me to date then I said no but 3 weeks later after I've given it some thought I asked him to date and said he'd love to. he told me he wants us to be exclusive and I said yeah and then he asked us where we should meet and suggested we meet at his place or mine but my parents are strict so that wouldn't be possible and I also explained how I felt things are going too fast and I'm not ready to meet him yet. then he said he respects that.
some of my friends who have met guys online have waited months before they met up and in the run up did facetimes and phone calls etc with the guy to really get to know him
I don't know how to tell him that this is what I want instead of trying to rush into things too soon. I suppose I'm also worried that after we meet he will ignore me or delete me as his friend on snap or that I might not be as attracted to him as I though he was (appearance wise)
he's also made it explicit that he would really like to get to know me and is not in it for a one night stand but after he agreed to date me and after I refused to meet him he has been taking 1day to reply when we wld normally get back to each other after (at most) 3 hours
have I done something wrong or is he just more comfy because he thinks the chase is over now that he's claimed me? am I wrong in not wanting to meet up with him so soon?
Reply 1
Massive red flag that he doesn't want to meet somewhere neutral and just chat over coffee or a meal. You know why he suggested his or yours...?

Your friends have taken it to the other extreme by not meeting in person as soon as possible. That's what dates are for, to get to know each other, and it provides the opportunity to see how a guy/girl interacts with other people as well as you.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
Massive red flag that he doesn't want to meet somewhere neutral and just chat over coffee or a meal. You know why he suggested his or yours...?

Your friends have taken it to the other extreme by not meeting in person as soon as possible. That's what dates are for, to get to know each other, and it provides the opportunity to see how a guy/girl interacts with other people as well as you.

I suggested that we meet up and do something fun together like go out for lunch and he said he’d like that too so I’m not outruling him completely but yeah Ik what you mean about the red flags
some guys will say anything to get down with you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending