The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No.
Not a cat in hells chance. Dont waste a choice.
Reply 3
Serious, don't waste the space on your application form.
Reply 4
Rucklo
No.

Not under any circumstances?
Even if im brilliant in the interview, have a great personal statement, went to a poor school etc?
No.
Reply 6
Suzanne123
Even if im brilliant in the interview, have a great personal statement, went to a poor school etc?

Unless your whole family died in a fire and your house burnt down before the exams meaning you now live in a home and are mentally scarred for example. And even then I doubt it.
Suzanne123
you'll be competing against people who are also brilliant at interview, have great personal statements and so on.

The difference is that these people also meet the min requirements. You don't.
Reply 8
Suzanne123

Not to sound snobbish, but I'm not sure you'd even manage Oxford if you can't even get a single A at A-level.
Reply 9
Suzanne123

I imagine you would have to have truly truly exceptional circumstances. They turn away thousands of people each year who will comfortably get AAA (mixed in with a couple of A*s nowadays).
If you think you've been predicted the wrong grades, then I'd maybe consider waiting a year and applying post-A2 when you've got concrete result that demonstrate your potental.
If, however, you are genuinely only expected to get BBB then I really can't imagine you getting an interview. Sorry.
Reply 10
Only risk it if you had mitigating circumstances and even then, I wouldn't. Highly doubt you'd get an offer. Never heard of it, ever.
The people above me have spoken - the answer has obviously been answered.
I think a mod should close the thread :yes:
Reply 12
So no one is Oxford at all has any B's or lower?
Reply 13
Suzanne123

Maybe AAB if its for a less popular course and they have valid reasons for the B, thats it.
Do you even look at entry requirements? I'd say it would be a waste of your time.
Reply 15
'David Milliband was admitted to Corpus Christi College, Oxford despite only achieving three B grades and a D in his A-level exams, but went on to obtain a first class honours degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics.'

I know this was years ago but ???
Only apply if you have connections or can make huge donations. I know a chap who got didn't get a single A (also got a C I think) and he made it to Oxford because of his dad.

The richest man in India (or one of the richest) recently sent his kid to Yale. He flew the top chaps at Yale in his private jet and made a huge donation at a party that he hosted for them.

No university in the world is completely merit based. There are people who get in with **** grades. Of course, you need to have other things going for you. :wink:
Reply 17
Suzanne123

Well, I know of one person at TSR who got in with AAB and another one who got in with AAC
Edit: the AAC was an offer from Cambridge, not Oxford
Reply 18
Only my school
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 19
Have you seen how many AAA candidates get turned down each year?

You haven't got a chance IMO. Sorry.

Latest

Trending

Trending