The Student Room Group

Applying for university

I have just gotten my AS level results (CCD) and I can't help but think I won't get any uni offers with these grades. I know it is only worth 40% of the qualification, but applications are due by January and these grades won't be high enough. Any advice?
Original post by utxpia
I have just gotten my AS level results (CCD) and I can't help but think I won't get any uni offers with these grades. I know it is only worth 40% of the qualification, but applications are due by January and these grades won't be high enough. Any advice?

How do you predicted A level grades compare with those actual AS level results? If they're a long way off, is that because you A level predictions were overly optimistic or was it because something when wrong during your AS exams which you wouldn't expect to go wrong during your A2 exams? If it's the former, the you may have to set your sights on different unis. If it's the latter, then you actual A level results should be an improvement on CCD.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
How do you predicted A level grades compare with those actual AS level results? If they're a long way off, is that because you A level predictions were overly optimistic or was it because something when wrong during your AS exams which you wouldn't expect to go wrong during your A2 exams? If it's the former, the you may have to set your sights on different unis. If it's the latter, then you actual A level results should be an improvement on CCD.

My predicted grades reflect my actual grades but I know I can get at least a BBB next year if I apply myself more but the unis won’t know that until I get my grades - after the application process
Reply 3
Unis dont care about your AS grades.
What matters are your A level predicted grades from your school.

This is your wake-up call - time to take this seriously and do some heavy work now and early next term.
Original post by .utxpia
My predicted grades reflect my actual grades but I know I can get at least a BBB next year if I apply myself more but the unis won’t know that until I get my grades - after the application process

Your school won't need to supply their predictions for a few months, so you've got time to convince them that you're more likely to get BBB. Ask them what they would need to see from you (in terms of end-of-topic tests, or similar) in order to be comfortable with a BBB prediction. Then you need to put the work in. :smile:

If your predictions remain around CCD but you ultimately get BBB, then you can use those actual grades this time next year to apply via Clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest