The Student Room Group

The Official Funding questions/moans/possible joy Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kpk1
If you do not mind my asking, what uni did you apply to for the CHASE funding? My university or supervisor hasn't informed me about either rejecting or shortlisting my doctoral project.
Also, I have been thinking of these problems too, as I have applied to three DTPs, and one of the unis is considering me for internal funding. My opinion is to take whatever comes your way first and reserve these doubts in case you end up with a second funding offer from somewhere else. (not sure if it helps)
Hi! My application is at Kent. And that is unusual - I wonder if it’s worth emailing your supervisor and asking if there are updates, or maybe logging into the surveymonkey portal and seeing if there have been recent edits to your application?

And yeah, that’s what I settled on. I’ve now been rejected for the GTA studentship after interview anyway so am only waiting on CHASE, which is nerve wracking and tense but at least eliminates my small hypothetical dilemma haha
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 2061
Original post by Imogen C
Hi! My application is at Kent. And that is unusual - I wonder if it’s worth emailing your supervisor and asking if there are updates, or maybe logging into the surveymonkey portal and seeing if there have been recent edits to your application?
And yeah, that’s what I settled on. I’ve now been rejected for the GTA studentship after interview anyway so am only waiting on CHASE, which is nerve wracking and tense but at least eliminates my small hypothetical dilemma haha
I did check my Chase portal, and there have been no edits since I last submitted it. Did they edit your application to reflect on institutional selection? I will email my supervisor to ask on any updates.
ps I checked with the scholarship department, my application was rejected at the institutional level.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Kpk1
I did check my Chase portal, and there have been no edits since I last submitted it. Did they edit your application to reflect on institutional selection? I will email my supervisor to ask on any updates.
ps I checked with the scholarship department, my application was rejected at the institutional level.
Ah no, I’m sorry to hear that. It’s not very considerate of them not to have kept you informed at every stage of the process and to have left you hanging! I know all institutions are different but mine had two internal shortlisting stages before it sent applications to the consortium and contacted us/reopened our application for edits at both stages (I know they always contacted applicants who weren’t forwarded to the final stage too because that was me last year). I hope you find another way or place to fund your PhD (or find something equally fulfilling to do).
(edited 1 month ago)
White Rose College of the Arts & Humanities (WRoCAH) decisions are due today. Has anyone heard from them yet?
Does anyone know when the CHASE consortium panels are meeting? Best of luck to all applicants!
Original post by Anon6473828
Does anyone know when the CHASE consortium panels are meeting? Best of luck to all applicants!

I know we’ve been told all applicants will be informed of the outcome by the first of May and that they meet “throughout March and April” so I wonder if it depends on the panel or if it’s just a long process. I don’t know if applicants will all find out at the same time on the 1st or if people will be informed throughout the month though 😬 I can’t stop checking the portal lol
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by Imogen C
I know we’ve been told all applicants will be informed of the outcome by the first of May and that they meet “throughout March and April” so I wonder if it depends on the panel or if it’s just a long process. I don’t know if applicants will all find out at the same time on the 1st or if people will be informed throughout the month though 😬 I can’t stop checking the portal lol

I wouldn't necessarily use that as a be all and end all date. Delays will ultimately happen in some shape or form (surprised if everything does happen on time as that is dedication).
The NWCDTP timeline for CDA studentships stated that we would find out mid-April but the meeting is apparently now on the 25th (as told by the rep at my uni) so we won't see anything until at least the week after I'd think. Not sure on the open studentship dates though. Would assume it's being announced beginning-mid May

Acceptances and rejections will find out on the same day, traditionally, and reserves will be told their reserves but offers/rejections won't be handed over until a few weeks later (or earlier if someone declines).
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Anyone here waiting for Techne decisions?
Original post by Krutiika
Anyone here waiting for Techne decisions?

Yes! I know the final decisions are going to be made next week but any idea when we’ll hear back?
AHRC NWCDTP 2024 RESULTS: Hi, Has anyone heard back from the University or AHRC regarding their application? or do you have any idea when the results are likely to be announced?
Original post by Bee1203
AHRC NWCDTP 2024 RESULTS: Hi, Has anyone heard back from the University or AHRC regarding their application? or do you have any idea when the results are likely to be announced?

6th May I believe.
Original post by Ukstudent999
Yes! I know the final decisions are going to be made next week but any idea when we’ll hear back?

Probably the week after next I think 🤞🏾🤞🏾
Original post by Bee1203

Wondering the same about SGSAH!
Original post by PlainsOfCement
6th May I believe.

Thank you. This wait has been long!
Probably the week after next I think 🤞🏾🤞🏾

Thank you. Have you applied too? If yes, university? Either way fingers crossed! Next week is so close and yet seems excruciatingly long lol
Reply 2075
Original post by Victor Camilo
Wondering the same about SGSAH!

SGSAH is the 25th (Thurs)
Original post by Bee1203
Thank you. Have you applied too? If yes, university? Either way fingers crossed! Next week is so close and yet seems excruciatingly long lol

Yeah, to Brighton. Fingers crossed for you! I doubt we’ll hear back next week as they said candidates will be notified 26th onwards which is a Friday.
Yeah, to Brighton. Fingers crossed for you! I doubt we’ll hear back next week as they said candidates will be notified 26th onwards which is a Friday.

I just wrote to NWCDTP to ask when the results will be out. They have said that successful and reserve candidates will be informed by 5th May (but that's a Sunday) so I am guessing 6th May. And unsuccessful candidates will be informed by their universities
Does anyone fancy exchanging SGSAH ‘application edited’ dates/times or are we healthier than previous cohorts?
Original post by littledino1011
Does anyone fancy exchanging SGSAH ‘application edited’ dates/times or are we healthier than previous cohorts?

I have obsessed with this over the past few weeks but now I'm actively trying to avoid looking haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending