The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That really does deserve a big cheer!!!! WOOOOOT!
Reply 2
I don't suppose either of you wants to discuss it do you? Or would that be bordering on revising for general studies? Which I guess is quite sad.
Reply 3
Hmm i'm not looking forward to this paper. They claim it's a 'synoptic' paper but it really just requires us to waffle (in a similar fashion to the waffle in the specification) for 1hr 45mins.
Reply 4
Gaz031
Hmm i'm not looking forward to this paper. They claim it's a 'synoptic' paper but it really just requires us to waffle (in a similar fashion to the waffle in the specification) for 1hr 45mins.

Me neither. What's the spec say?

its 1 hour 30 mins methinks
Reply 6
its 1 hour 30 mins methinks

Mine is AQA B, perhaps yours is the AQA A syllabus. Mine is definitely 105mins.

Me neither. What's the spec say?

It's a total joke: http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/genB.html
Reading the examiners reports can be amusing though. They state that they enjoy marking the module 6 papers just because there are no candidates who state a protest at being forced to do general studies :rolleyes:
Reply 7
I plan to talk ***** in it again.

One in January I talked about the Strokes and their drug habits for 7 sides. In the one a few weeks ago I talked about Neighbours for 4 sides too.
Reply 8
I'm npt sure what spec I'm takign but its defo AQA for 1h 30 mins....anyone know the layout of the paper? is it small answer questions based on the pre-released stuff or is it big essays again >.< and what extra knowledge could you possibly acquire in a 3 hour extra study session (which they recommend!) on consumerism...apart from geez we consume more!
Anyone doing OCR??

I have absolutely no idea what the exam is on, what the paper looks like, or how long they are. I have two tomorrow. =/ So i may just write out my revision notes for the 3 huge exams i have on Friday during these exams.
Reply 10
This might seem like a weird question but on the first page, extract A, figure 2, what is the last collum all about? my interpretation of data isnt great! starting from 118.4 ect to 666.9
Reply 11
The last column shows how the price of the product has changed since 1971. if the value is less than 100 it has decreased, greater than 100 and it has increased, i think. The other colums show the spending changes.
Reply 12
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo NO MORE GS!!!!!!!!1
Reply 13
how did every1 find it?i fort it was pretty stupid 2 b honest...i did that family essay q at the end n basically blabbed on abt nothin 4 a few pages..!!
Reply 14
how did every1 find it?i fort it was pretty stupid 2 b honest...i did that family essay q at the end n basically blabbed on abt nothin 4 a few pages..!!
I thought it was a fair paper... did the state education/healthcare essay for the second section and managed to find a couple of pages of good waffle... the first section was as expected - am thankful that I actually studied the CS in detail... so I could have a laugh at those who didn't, who I could see flicking desperately through the paper in the exam :wink:

Am hoping it'll push up the marks for GS after the horrors that were GS4 and 5 as my Uni place is actually dependent on this mark... :-/
Reply 16
I did the question on the UK transport system lol
Reply 17
I did transport, because I'd had to revise that in great detail for geography, so I just used those arguements and referenced a few government applications of them. Easiness!
Reply 18
I thought it was a solid exam! I didnt have enough time and I studied the case study before hand aswell. Oh well, i aint really bothered cus it doesnt affect my uni offer at all.
hee heee how easy was it. i was loving it, two of the questions id basically revised for my sociology exam next week

Latest