The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Jimit

OCR Geography

A* 85
A 68

Lol. Forget It. They have never had an A* boundary over 80%. Its always been A* = 80% or less. And this year's paper was deemed, 'reasonable but hard in places' by my geography department. No way will it be that high.

Ps. This is Geog Spec A
Reply 21
Vazzyb
Lol. Forget It. They have never had an A* boundary over 80%. Its always been A* = 80% or less. And this year's paper was deemed, 'reasonable but hard in places' by my geography department. No way will it be that high.

Ps. This is Geog Spec A

Is that just for Geography or for all subjects?
Milli
*award

You could have just edited it. Unless ur trying to get ur post count up :wink:
Reply 23
Just a guess, don't worry :rolleyes:

OCR Maths (higher):

A*= 76%
A= 61%
B= 48%
C= 34%

Science (AQA, Higher):

A*= 79%
A= 68%
B= 54%
C= 40%
Reply 24
What have been the Grade Boundaries for Edexcel Science in past years and i felt that after doing the past papers in mock the actual papers were slightly harder so whatever the boundaries were they will not increase or decrease by much?
Reply 25
?????????
Reply 26
Unfortunately there's not that much point trying to second guess these weird examiner people. Just have to hope for the best...
Reply 27
anybody know roughly the boundaries for ocr double award science, igcse edexcel maths higher, edexcel A geography or ocr history (modern world)????
well depends wot science - bio, chem or physics - they had differnet difficulty levels so boundaries will b diff
Reply 29
well depends wot science - bio, chem or physics - they had differnet difficulty levels so boundaries will b diff

Doesn't the exam cover all three sciences so the grade boundary would be for the whole paper?
no there is a grade boundary for each test - they then add up the total if ur doing double award - i'm not as it happens
Reply 31
ok. the grade boundaries for each science (for an a*). also, people who sat these exams, what one did u find the hardest????
Reply 32
chazzinio
ok. the grade boundaries for each science (for an a*). also, people who sat these exams, what one did u find the hardest????

I personally found Biology the hardest, although I was annoyed with all the friggin papers due to the obligatory crap questions with nothing to do with scientific facts.
Reply 33
Piggy
I personally found Biology the hardest, although I was annoyed with all the friggin papers due to the obligatory crap questions with nothing to do with scientific facts.

:ditto: For me biology was the hardest too, while most people came out of the exam saying that it was easy! I found it especially hard as I had to guess literally all the answers, and couldn't use what I had learnt during the course.
Reply 34
yeh. biology was quite a crap exam. i think physics was the one that strayed least from the spec and it didnt hav 2 many "unscientific" questions".
That was so annoying about the Biolodgy questions being not about science and the physics being all about science. I learnt loads of science for biolodgy and i cant do physics and i was hoping it would be un sciency and then grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

I hope the OCR maths boundaries are not that high!
That was really annoying aswell cos i did last yrs paper (when the grade boundary was 65%) and got 87%. Then i know that i didnt do aswell in the exam, unless i got A LOT of method marks.
Reply 36
rachelrainbow32
That was so annoying about the Biolodgy questions being not about science and the physics being all about science. I learnt loads of science for biolodgy and i cant do physics and i was hoping it would be un sciency and then grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

I hope the OCR maths boundaries are not that high!
That was really annoying aswell cos i did last yrs paper (when the grade boundary was 65%) and got 87%. Then i know that i didnt do aswell in the exam, unless i got A LOT of method marks.

Evil..you live in the same place as me.
Reply 37
I thought the grade boundries were based on the results rather than the difficulty of the tests.

For example they will have a certain quota for A* and a certain quota for A because they don't want too many people getting too high a grade otherwise people could claim GCSEs were getting too easy.
Reply 38
garethDT
I thought the grade boundries were based on the results rather than the difficulty of the tests.

Could be, but I've heard people say that UMS marks are always the same for each grade, however, the difficulty of the paper decides how the RAW marks are scaled...

Latest