The Student Room Group

Tk Maxx Vs H&m

I have a job already in Tk maxx (been working with them for 3 months). One day i decided to just apply for a H&M job offer and then one thing lead to another .I ended up having a very good interview outcome, leading to me getting the Job...Do you think i should leave TK maxx for H&M???..

Scroll to see replies

Well it depends on the pay, position, flexible hours, discounts etc, can't you make a decision yourself? :curious:
Joy Division
Well it depends on the pay, position, flexible hours, discounts etc, can't you make a decision yourself? :curious:

Agreed. Or are they both identical and we should just pick one at random?
Reply 3
You know what yeah, I didn't ask for someone to make my decision , I asked for peoples OPINIONS, i will make my decision from the opinions
combolearning
You know what yeah, I didn't ask for someone to make my decision , I asked for peoples OPINIONS, i will make my decision from the opinions

u mad?
H&M, better pay (if you're working in oxford street).
Reply 6
I dont know the pay, yet i know that it has better discounts.......i'm trying to say, if you've shopped either of the stores which one would you prefer to work at.
This is a problem for me because the TK maxx store i'm working at(by my university)helped me by allowing me to transfer from the store near my home(in another city)...this was like only a month ago....
so its like im betraying the store by moving to another? i just want to know if its worth it??
combolearning

But our opinion probably depends on the pay, position, flexible hours, discounts, etc. :indiff:

edit: It's a giant company; they don't care if you "betray" them or not.
Reply 8
Joy Division
u mad?

nah.....:s-smilie:
Not a clue, but as far as clothing goes, I can always find something I like that not many will have in Tk Maxx.
If you like working in TK Maxx and you like the other staff, assuming the pay is roughly the same, I'd stick with them.
Reply 11
combolearning
I dont know the pay, yet i know that it has better discounts.......i'm trying to say, if you've shopped either of the stores which one would you prefer to work at.
This is a problem for me because the TK maxx store i'm working at(by my university)helped me by allowing me to transfer from the store near my home(in another city)...this was like only a month ago....
so its like im betraying the store by moving to another? i just want to know if its worth it??

They probably don't care.. you're just a number. Plenty of people want jobs at the moment so they'll easily find a replacement.

If the pay's better and it's closer to home I'd go for it. Unless of course you really enjoy working at TK, in which case I have no idea why you applied in the first place.
Reply 12
yeh i dont quite understand how were suppose to choose without knowing anything about the positions...
Reply 13
generic hybrid
But our opinion probably depends on the pay, position, flexible hours, discounts, etc. :indiff:

edit: It's a giant company; they don't care if you "betray" them or not.

ahh okay...umm

TKMAXX discount: 10% HM:25% (I think)
same hours as the store im currently working at..

not sure about the position but it cant be worse than TKMAXX ( lol i mean come on its like Primark but with different Brands)

i was hoping that someone already in HM could help aswell..
Reply 14
i did work experience in h&m a couple of years ago and everyone seemed right bitchy.
I'm assuming H&M one is temporary, right? I'd stick with the permanent one. All of the H&M stores I've been in are terrible, I can imagine it will be nasty when it comes to the sales...
Reply 16
im sure all the positions in H&M ive done before while workin at TK ....it could be Cahsier, clthes underwear, fitting room and stock...ive done them.

And to me its not that i dont like it...ive just gotten used to how my shift goes...if you understand me...i mean at first i was like daaaaamn but nwo i just dont care, its a weekly routine for me.

but on the rundown, on all my shifts at tk maxx im the only one in my department, i work on Saturdays and Sundays (busiest days of the week) and the store i work at has double floors ( meaning its big lol)...
Reply 17
H&M clothes > TK Tatt clothes
Reply 18
naah its permanent also
Reply 19
H&M is probably more for people who are actually interested in fashion while TK Maxx is for those who are less so and are about retail since it has a bigger variety of things on sales. Which pays more?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending