The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm not scared of flying its just the whole trapped in a tin can thing i don't like, nowhere to move and usually smelly people or people who wiggly around constantly and end up knocking over your drink which then lands in your lap resulting in you looking like you have weed yourself, i always get those people in front of me.
I'm going to Florida in three weeks. Yipee. looking forward to the states but not the flying!
I'm not afraid of flying, but I still hate it. I get claustrophobic on planes. Although it doesn't help, some of the people I've had to sit next to for god knows how long on flights. I really know how to pick 'em! :frown:
Reply 42
I'm not but my friend, who has a tendency to decide he's afraid of something in a phobia sort of way on a whim, decided he really hated flying before we went on a round the world trip, so i had lots of fun sitting there watching him crap himself on take off and landing for our 8 flights :smile:

I mean everyone finds the landings when its a bit rocky and all the wierd noises a little worrying and its really inpleasant being stuck in a cigar tube for 14 hours, but there's nothing to worry about, if the plane crashes your going to be too busy being splattered all over the place to worry about it, so theres nothing you can do, so why worry?
Gexko
I'm not but my friend, who has a tendency to decide he's afraid of something in a phobia sort of way on a whim, decided he really hated flying before we went on a round the world trip, so i had lots of fun sitting there watching him crap himself on take off and landing for our 8 flights :smile:

I mean everyone finds the landings when its a bit rocky and all the wierd noises a little worrying and its really inpleasant being stuck in a cigar tube for 14 hours, but there's nothing to worry about, if the plane crashes your going to be too busy being splattered all over the place to worry about it, so theres nothing you can do, so why worry?

Is he really that bad? Not flying with him then! =P

I only get nervous when other people are nervous next to me. When i flew to Spain there was this lady really really nervous, and it made me nervous about what she would do. But flying is fine otherwise.
Reply 44
i use to heat flying, i recently flew a light aircraft, a grob tutor, i dont mind big planes now, however thinking im 30000 feet in the air does make me squirm a bit!
Reply 45
i love flying, i even want to be a pilot and study aeronautical engineering. :biggrin: :biggrin:

PS: i hvent read all the posts yet so......
Reply 46
I'm not afraid of flying, I quite like going in aeroplanes, although I am afraid of smacking into the ground at a high speed.
i'm more afraid of my luggage getting lost -_-
I'm OK flying apart from taking off,especially in a jumbo jet where I think,"God how can something of this size take off and fly?!"

I can stand mild turbulence but not when it is so bad that I get bruised,such as when I returned from Canada alone in March.I cried!

I flew back from Barbados yesterday and a guy on our plane collapsed!They gave him a drip and oxygen and all this and put a call out for any medically qualified people to help...it was really scary as he looked really ill;I was thinking,"Oh my god,what if he dies?!"

That's a fear of mine...being taken really ill on a plane in the middle of the ocean with nowhere nearby to land.

I don't worry too much about my luggage...I've flown loads and never ever lost my cases.

Oh and the person slagging Lufthansa's food-I agree.They gave me ham sandwiches when I was a vegetarian!

Latest

Trending

Trending