The Student Room Group

Yet Another World Lit Paper 1 Thread!

My three book options are Dr. Zhivago, This Earth Of Mankind and Fathers And Sons. I've already completed my paper 2, using Dr. Zhivago as the book. I now need to do my paper 1 on FAS and TEOM. The only topic that I can come up with (generational differences in both the novels) is already being done by another classmate, so I need to come up with another topic that I can use. The thing is that no good ones are coming to mind, and the ones I have come up with are crappy. I've been thinking of a character analysis between Minke and Arkadii or Bazarov, or an analysis of the relationship between Minke and Annelies and of the one between Bazarov and Anna but I don't see how I would be able to expand and write a proper paper on either topic. Does anyone here have any suggestions? Any help is appreciated!
Reply 1
Haven't read either of the books, but some general advice my teacher gave me: There doesn't actually need to be any similarities in the texts for the topic you choose to write about. You can come to the conclusion that they are completely different.
Reply 2
I am probably going to pick a motif that can be related to both pieces of literature, for example the role of family or the clash between dreams and reality. Something like that. I am doing mine on The Metamorphosis and Chronicle of a Death Foretold.
Reply 3
For my paper one I did the role of women in 'L'Etranger' and 'The Catcher in the Rye'. I think it would be pretty good as women have such an important role in Zhivago, havnt read the other books though. Probably in fathers and sons there is some female presence, then you could link it all to Freud and making something sort of creative
All the best :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending