The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Depends what you do between now and the exams. If you get bad predictions and do no work, you'll probs get bad results in the real thing. If you get good results now, don't be complacent, it could just be the luck of the draw what questions you get on the day. Just do some work and you'll be fine, if they weren't so good you can definately improve.

I got predicted like 6*s 4As and a B and got 9*s and 2As, but I didn't get an A* in English lit in the real thing (did in the mocks). They are probs more accurate for the more objective subjects like maths, but you can also improve more in those subjects. Also you're teachers might be more lenient/harsh or in some cases better at marking than some student marker doing the real thing (:mad: I got 93% on the lit mocks and A* cwk and then got an A at the end).
BookWormShanti
Just wondering. Mine are starting to flow in atm:eek: , so how accurate do you think they are?:confused: Are they normally too optimistic:p: - higher than what you actually get - or worse?:frown: How did your predicted grades differ from your actual grades? Any current year 10s - mind sharing what your predicted grades are?:cool:

I was predicted A*A*A*A*A*AAAA

but my school ended up in administration and teachers had to leave after like january. got A*AAAABBCD
I remember mine were pretty accurate, but then it depends on the person. Some people see they got, for example, predicted all A*s and stop putting in the effort 'cause they think they're great already. Some, however, use it as an incentive to work harder. I'd say they're only as useful as you make them. Hope this helps, and good luck sweetie x
Reply 4
From what I've seen, GCSE predictions are both inconistent and inaccurate.
It depends on how accurate you make them, at the end of the day is all about YOU and now what you teachers think. If you are predicted 10Cs that does not mean you cannot get 10As if you work hard in the time you have got. I know people that have been predicted Ds and came out with As and A*s but also the opposite. You make them accurate if you like them or you try to prove your teacher wrong if you don't like your predicted grade.

Just try to get the grades that you want!!

Good Luck.
Reply 6
They don't matter at all, so don't concern yourself with them.
Reply 7
It depends on the person really. I personally did not care for the mocks one bit and am likely not getting the straight A's I should be, but all my teachers know that I can easily get A*'s if I put in that little bit of effort which I rarely do, so yes, predicted grades are not really reliable in my opinion.
Good GCSE predictions means better application forms for 6 forms and colleges, makes the school look good. If you get accepted then good for you, but what you get in the end can vary
Reply 9
my school predicted me a D for RE i got an A what the hell was that about.
it just how hard you work , the prediction is on how hard your working at that time, i think i must have been working on a D grade at the time, but when the exam comes i need to get that A : )
My Maths, Eng Lang, Eng Lit, Chemistry and Business were predicted right (all A* except Business: A) but the rest weren't: (Subject: Predicted - Actual)

Biology: A - A*
Physics: A - A*
History: A - A*
French: B - A* :rolleyes:
RS: A* - B :p:
Music: A - C :lol:
Reply 11
depends I didnt really do anything during year 7 to 9 therefore I had a lot of C's, B's and one A but so far I have done two gcse which were core science A* and statistics A so really it depends on the person
I was predicted AABBBBBBCCCCC; I got A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AAAAB.

So, yes, inaccurate.
Reply 13
I was predicted straight Cs
I got AAABBBBBCCC. Its all down to you really and how hard you try.
Ehh.. depends. I've only done 5 of my GCSEs so far, will do the other 6 in May / June, but out of the ones I have got..

Maths - Predicted A*, got A*
English lang. - Predicted A*, got A
Biology - Pred. A*, got A*
Physics - Pred. A, got A*
Chemistry - Pred. A*, got A*

Seem to be fairy accurate, but it all depends on how much effort you put into revising, and how difficult the exam is on the day.
Saying that, I don't trust half of my predicted grades.
mine were all Bs but i got A*AAAAAAAABBB, so i did ok i know people who got all A* predictions, they got to complacent and got only 2/3 a few As and Bs with Cs, so no sometimes predictions are too low or too high
Reply 16
It always depends - my friend went from a predicted E in English Lit to an A* in the exam, don't ask me how!
Reply 17
i was predicted 4 A*s and 6 As and got 10 A*s so they can be quite unpredictable as they're normally the first important exams you'll sit
depends o how you teachers are and whether you put the work in or give up, i got most of the grades i was predicted apart from got a b in french (predicted c) and got a c in product design (predicted A*) but i gave up with product design whereas i was determined to get a b in french.
four of my subjects predicted me a grade lower than i got....the other 6 were spot on :wink:

Latest