The Student Room Group

UCAS Reference

Hey everyone! I have talked to my referee, who will work on the reference. Since I am an international student, I am not sure in what format my predicted grades should be. Should they be in the usual letter format followed in A-Level gradings or GCSE, or should they tally with the grading system followed by my education council?

Someone, please guide me regarding this. Prompt replies would be highly appreciated since the deadline is approaching very soon.
Original post by AndrewWAD
Hey everyone! I have talked to my referee, who will work on the reference. Since I am an international student, I am not sure in what format my predicted grades should be. Should they be in the usual letter format followed in A-Level gradings or GCSE, or should they tally with the grading system followed by my education council?

Someone, please guide me regarding this. Prompt replies would be highly appreciated since the deadline is approaching very soon.

Hey @AndrewWAD

If I have read your question correctly, you're asking whether you should write your predicted grades as they are in your home country or whether you should convert them to the UK grading system and present them this way.

Personally, I would stick to how your grades appear to you in your home country. It could be risky trying to find the equivalent grade accurately. UCAS is well-equipped to recognise and understand international grades. Within universities there are departments dedicated to dealing with international qualifications too.

If you still feel unsure, it is very easy to get in contact with UCAS to double check these things.

I wish you all the best and good luck with your application!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Original post by AndrewWAD

Hey @AndrewWAD

If I have read your question correctly, you're asking whether you should write your predicted grades as they are in your home country or whether you should convert them to the UK grading system and present them this way.

Personally, I would stick to how your grades appear to you in your home country. It could be risky trying to find the equivalent grade accurately. UCAS is well-equipped to recognise and understand international grades. Within universities there are departments dedicated to dealing with international qualifications too.

If you still feel unsure, it is very easy to get in contact with UCAS to double check these things.

I wish you all the best and good luck with your application!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.

Thanks a lot! Sure I will try to contact them.
As above, enter them exactly as they appear in your local grading. Don’t try and convert them, that’s for unis to do if they wish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending